Jose Canseco joins Surf Dawgs
Former American League MVP Jose Canseco has joined the San Diego Surf Dawgs. The first player to ever hit 40 home runs and steal 40 bases in one season will make his Surf Dawgs debut in Chico on July 3, one day after his 42nd birthday. Canseco will make his home debut on July 7 when the Chico Outlaws visit the Surf Dawgs at Tony Gwynn Stadium on what promises to be a very special night.
To listen to Canseco's first game as a Surf Dawg, log on to kbcsports.com and tune into the broadcast.
The 2005 Golden Baseball League Champion San Diego Surf Dawgs will be presented with their championship rings on July 7. Rickey Henderson will make his first return to San Diego since playing with the Surf Dawgs last season for the ceremony.
• Discuss this story on the Golden Baseball League message board...
Golden Baseball League Stories from June 29, 2006
- Jose Canseco launches comeback with Golden Baseball League - GBL
- Jose Canseco joins Surf Dawgs - San Diego Surf Dawgs
- Jose Canseco launches comeback with Golden Baseball League - San Diego Surf Dawgs
- Schneider Named Pitcher of the Week - Reno Silver Sox
- Chico wins fifth straight - Chico Outlaws
- Flyers Lose Fifth Straight - Orange County Flyers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.