Jesse King Launches 'Goals for Gold' Initiative for the 2023-24 NLL Season
Calgary, AB - Calgary Roughnecks Captain Jesse King, in partnership with YES TV, has today launched his 'Goals for Gold' program benefiting the Believe in the Gold: Childhood Cancer Foundation.
For every goal the Roughnecks forward scores during the 2023-24 NLL regular season, YES TV will donate $50 to the Believe in the Gold Foundation, with King and the Roughnecks Foundation also contributing $20 each.
"I am overwhelmed by the support YES TV and the Calgary Roughnecks have given me in developing this initiative," said King. "This is an opportunity for me to give back to a cause that has directly affected my family, and I couldn't be happier to support the Believe in the Gold Foundation. They do such great work in supporting families who are dealing with childhood cancer, and raising funds for cancer research, I'm very proud to be able to contribute to that. We believe!"
The Believe in the Gold Foundation was started by Shonalie Uphill in memory of her daughter, Jacey, who lost her battle with Ewings Sarcoma in 2012. The Calgary, Alberta charity is committed to raising awareness of Childhood Cancer, raising funds to help support families with medical expenses that are not covered by Provincial Health Care or extended benefit plans, and raising funds for Childhood Cancer research.
'YES TV is thrilled to support the "Goals for Gold" program alongside Jesse," said Robert Melnichuk, Director YES TV Western Canada. "We applaud Jesse's passion for raising money to fund research and support families battling childhood cancer."
King has notched eight goals so far this season, which equals $720.00 raised with 13 games remaining in the schedule. In the four years in which he played 17 or more games, the Victoria, BC native averaged 30 goals per season and last year scored a career high 42 goals in 18 games played.
The Roughnecks regular season continues on Friday, February 2nd against the New York Riptide at the Scotiabank Saddledome, for the Every Child Matters game. Face-off is set for 7:00pm MST and fans can purchase tickets at CalgaryRoughnecks.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 25, 2024
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Ventures to Vegas - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Jesse King Launches 'Goals for Gold' Initiative for the 2023-24 NLL Season - Calgary Roughnecks
- National Lacrosse League: Ten Things to Know for Week Nine - NLL
- Game Preview: New York Riptide vs the Georgia Swarm - New York Riptide
- Swarm Take on the Tide - Georgia Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Calgary Roughnecks Stories
- Calgary Roughnecks and Alberta Lacrosse Association Launch Roughnecks Lacrosse Literacy Program
- Calgary Roughnecks Take Down Halifax Thunderbirds 17-11
- Calgary Roughnecks Defeat Toronto Rock 11-10
- Calgary Roughnecks Fall to Toronto Rock 9-7
- Calgary Roughnecks Defeated by New York Riptide 11-10