Jesse Fishman Signs OHL Standard Player Agreement
The Kitchener Rangers announced today that forward Jesse Fishman has committed to an Ontario Hockey League standard player agreement with the club.
The 16-year-old was the fourth round (79th overall) pick by the Rangers in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection. The Thornhill, ON native was a member of the Mississauga Rebels during the 2018-19 season where he registered 15 goals and 12 assists for 27 points. He also recorded eight points (five goals, three assists) in six games at OHL Cup this past March.
"We are extremely excited to add Jesse to our team. We know he had a lot of options - like all good players do - and are thrilled he and his family have made the decision for Jesse to continue his development in Kitchener," said Rangers General Manager Mike McKenzie.
"He is quick, plays hard and can create offense. He will fit well with the team we have and add to our already good group of young players."
Fishman agreed with that assessment, describing himself as "a team-first player" that "will do whatever it takes for the team's success."
"I would describe myself as a two-way forward who can get the job done on both ends of the ice and I ... think one step ahead of everyone around me - so that's a plus," said Fishman.
The centreman, who recently attended the Rangers' training camp, commented on how his familiarity with the team will make for an easier transition.
"I'm looking forward to the all the guys and the coaching staff showing me the ropes and getting used to the style of play."
Hometown: Thornhill, ON
Birthdate: Feb, 2003
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 4, 2019
- Steelheads Announce Opening Day Festivities - Mississauga Steelheads
- Halushak Commits to the Program - Soo Greyhounds
- Five Colts off to NHL Camps - Barrie Colts
- Spirit Send Seven Players to NHL Training Camps - Saginaw Spirit
- Jesse Fishman Signs OHL Standard Player Agreement - Kitchener Rangers
- Petes Announce Three New Ways to Celebrate Your Birthday at PMC - Peterborough Petes
- Troops Get Picks for Purboo - North Bay Battalion
- Who's Where? Hounds' NHL Rookie and Training Camp Bound - Soo Greyhounds
- Wolves Acquire Purboo from Battalion - Sudbury Wolves
- Opening Night Cornhole Tournament Set - Flint Firebirds
- Loponen Commits to Wolves - Sudbury Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kitchener Rangers Stories
- Rangers and 67's Complete Trade
- Rangers Drop One against the Spirit, 5-3.
- Rangers Lose OT Thriller to the Firebirds, 4-3
- Rangers Fans Show Incredible Support for the Food Bank of Waterloo Region
- Damiani and Ingham Named to Team OHL Roster for 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series