Jenco Shines in Wild Things' Loss
WASHINGTON, Pa. - It was Florence scoring early and often in the middle game of the series that was the downfall of the Wild Things Saturday at Wild Things Park. The Wild Things dropped the contest 8-4. Saige Jenco had two hits and was on base four times he came to the plate in the loss.
Florence struck first, scoring two in the top of the first inning against Washington starter Michael Austin. The Wild Things would get one back in the home first when Shaine Hughes' fielder's choice plated Jenco, who had doubled in the frame to start it.
The Freedom added a run in the second and two in the fourth to lead 5-1 before Jenco's fifth homer of the year, a two-run shot, made it a two-run game. Florence scored three in the next half, however, with the help of two Wild Things' errors. Washington scored once in the sixth to close the scoring for the night.
Saige Jenco was 2-3 with the home run and double and scored twice. He was also walked and hit by a pitch in the plate appearance after launching the home run to right. Both teams were warned by home plate umpire Ron Whiting Sr. before the next inning.
Game three of the series and the final of the homestand is slated for tomorrow, Sunday, June 9 at Wild Things Park. First pitch against the Freedom will take place at 5:35 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 8, 2019
- Otters Fall in the Tenth to Boomers 2-1 - Evansville Otters
- Freedom Tame Wild Things to Setup Sweep Opportunity - Florence Y'alls
- Jenco Shines in Wild Things' Loss - Washington Wild Things
- Boomers Scamper to Walk-Off Win in Extras - Schaumburg Boomers
- Bolts Break up No-Hitter in Ninth, Fall to Gateway 5-0 - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Stroud Tosses Gem as Miners Halt Lake Erie, Take Series - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rascals Win Behind Roach's Complete Game - River City Rascals
- Lanphere One-Hitter Propels Gateway to Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- Crushers drop close contest in 5-4 loss to Miners - Lake Erie Crushers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.