Jeff Bain Has Season-High 7 Strikeouts to Defeat Modesto 3-1
Jeff Bain earned his fourth win of the season after giving up six hits and one earned run in six innings. He walked two and struck out a season-high seven. His one earned run came off a solo shot by Nick Thurman .
That was the only run scored by the Modesto Nuts, who totaled six hits on the night. Mack Lemieux pitched two scoreless innings not allowing a hit and striking out two. Cole Bartlett earned his third save of the season by throwing a scoreless and hitless ninth inning.
Visalia scored first in bottom of the first after Jose Caballero advanced to score when Camden Duzenack got caught in a run down between first and second when he singled to right field. Anfernee Grier made it 2-1 in the fourth inning when he had an RBI single to centerfield and scored Luis Alejandro Basabe . The final run of the game came in the eighth inning. Caballero scored off a wild pitch by Jake Haberer .
The final score of 3-1 made the Rawhide's overall record to 25-12 and 15-3 at home. The Rawhide will host the Nuts for game two of the four-game series tomorrow at 6pm. Expected pitchers are Rawhide's Matt Mercer and Nut's Logan Gilbert.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from May 14, 2019
- 66ers Win-Streak Halted at Four Games with Loss in San Jose - Inland Empire 66ers
- Sixers Sink Ports with Eighth Inning Comeback, Win Third Straight - Inland Empire 66ers
- Inland Empire Sweeps Stockton, Wins Season-Best Fourth Straight - Inland Empire 66ers
- Inland Empire Opens Series with 7-2 Victory over Stockton - Inland Empire 66ers
- Jeff Bain Has Season-High 7 Strikeouts to Defeat Modesto 3-1 - Visalia Rawhide
- Feigl Shines as Ports Earn 2-0 Win - Stockton Ports
- Nuts Fall 3-1 in Series Opener in Visalia - Modesto Nuts
- Quakes Take Two-Game Lead in South - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Rancho Takes Opener from JetHawks - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.