Jamieson Signs Three-Year Contract, Reigning NLL Goaltender of the Year Stays in New England
UNCASVILLE, CT. - The New England Black Wolves today announced the team has re-signed 2020 NLL Goaltender of the Year, Doug Jamieson to a three-year contract. New England matched the offer sheet from the Halifax Thunderbirds for Jamieson who was a restricted free agent. The transaction is pending league approval.
Per team policy, no details were announced.
Originally selected by New England in the second round (19th overall) of the 2016 NLL Entry Draft, Jamieson returns for his fifth season with the Pack. Coming off a stellar 2019-20 campaign, the reigning NLL Goaltender of the Year posted a league-leading save percentage of .829 and a goals against average of 8.80. In his first season as the starting goalie for the Black Wolves, not only did he increase his save percentage to 82.9% from 78.4% from a year prior, but he also cut his goals allowed average to 8.80 from 12.28.
New England concluded the year with an 8-3 overall record, which placed Jamieson tied for first in the league in the win column. The Ohsweken, ON native recorded 462 saves in 11 games, only 58 shy of his 520 saves in 2018-19 with seven fewer games played. His 97 goals allowed had the team on pace to have the fewest goals allowed in the league since the 2014 Edmonton Rush.
In four seasons in the NLL, Jamieson has tallied 1126 saves in 65 games and holds a .783 overall save percentage. This season, in addition to being awarded Goaltender of the Year, Jamieson found himself on the All-League First Team. Both are first-time honors for the 23-year-old.
The start of Free Agency began yesterday, August 1. Click here for a full explanation of NLL free agency.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 3, 2020
- Two-Time NLL Champion Signs with San Diego - San Diego Seals
- Halifax Signs Free Agent Stephan Leblanc - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Thunderbirds Re-Sign Free Agent Scott Campbell - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Riptide Sign Carter Badour - New York Riptide
- Riptide Sign Adam Perroni - New York Riptide
- Riptide Sign Brent Adams - New York Riptide
- Jamieson Signs Three-Year Contract, Reigning NLL Goaltender of the Year Stays in New England - New England Black Wolves
- Bandits Ink Kealey to One-Year Deal - Buffalo Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Black Wolves Stories
- Glenn Clark Receives Petro-Canada Coaching Excellence AwardÃ¢ÂÂ
- Black Wolves Acquire Two, Re-Sign Brown
- Black Wolves Close out 2020 NLL Draft with Four Additional Draftees
- New England Acquires Jacob Ruest and the 24th Overall Pick in Trade with Colorado Mammoth
- Buque Is Back with the Black Wolves