Two-Time NLL Champion Signs with San Diego
The San Diego Seals announced today that the team has agreed to terms with veteran forward Rhys Duch on a one-year deal, pending league approval.
"Rhys has been an elite and productive scorer his entire career," said General Manager and Head Coach Patrick Merrill. "He fills a big team need on our right side and improves our power play. He scored the championship-winning goal in 2019 for Calgary and is hungry to bring some of that magic to San Diego."
Duch, 34, has appeared in 190 NLL games in his career, recording 405 goals and 992 points. The Victoria, British Columbia native spent the last two seasons with the Roughnecks, notching 99 points in 24 games. Prior to his time in Calgary, the righty spent 10 years with Vancouver and was the franchise leader in points, assists and goals scored.
Duch was named the 2009 NLL Rookie of the Year after posting 89 points as a first-year player, an NLL record at the time. The 5-11, 210-pound righty is a three-time NLL All-Pro and a two-time NLL champion (2010, 2019). He was drafted third overall in the 2008 NLL Entry Draft after a standout college career at Stony Brook University.
The San Diego Seals will return to Pechanga Arena for the 2020-21 season this winter, the NLL's 35th anniversary season. Place your season ticket membership deposit today at SealsLax.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 3, 2020
- Two-Time NLL Champion Signs with San Diego - San Diego Seals
- Halifax Signs Free Agent Stephan Leblanc - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Thunderbirds Re-Sign Free Agent Scott Campbell - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Riptide Sign Carter Badour - New York Riptide
- Riptide Sign Adam Perroni - New York Riptide
- Riptide Sign Brent Adams - New York Riptide
- Jamieson Signs Three-Year Contract, Reigning NLL Goaltender of the Year Stays in New England - New England Black Wolves
- Bandits Ink Kealey to One-Year Deal - Buffalo Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.