Jackals Take Series over Shikoku Island
The New Jersey Jackals defeated the Shikoku Island All Stars Sunday by a final of 15-6 to take the series from the All Stars from Japan.
The Jackals used an explosive Top of the eight (the Jackals were the road team this afternoon), in which they scored 11 runs on seven hits with the key hit coming on the bat of Emillio Guerrero who cleared the bases with a three RBI triple, giving the Jackals the lead. Guerrero later blew the doors off the game as he socked his second triple of the inning, this time plating two runs and extended the Jackals lead to 15-6.
New Jersey moves to 18-15 on the season, staying in second place and moving to just three games behind first place Sussex County following their loss to Rockland on Sunday.
Miura Kensuke got tagged three earned runs without recording an out, getting the loss. Lendy Castillo gets credit for the win for New Jersey as he was very impressive out of the bullpen going four innings only giving up two runs and striking out three.
New Jersey will return to action Tuesday June 25th as they take on the Ottawa Champions at RTGT Park in the Canadian capital city.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from June 24, 2019
- The Cubans Are Coming - New York Boulders
- July 4th Fireworks at Yogi Berra Stadium - New Jersey Jackals
- Jackals Take Series over Shikoku Island - New Jersey Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Jackals Stories
- Frontier League Named as Partner League of Major League Baseball
- New Jersey Jackals Announce Job Fair Dates
- NJ Jackals Sign Can-Am League Player of the Year Alfredo Marte to Contract Extension
- New Jersey Jackals Sign RHP Dylan Brammer to Contract Extension
- NJ Jackals Acquire RHP John Hayes; Sign C-1B Richard Stock to Contract Extension