Jackals Hang on to Defeat Miners, 10-7
The New Jersey Jackals defeated the Sussex County Miners Wednesday afternoon by a score of 10-7. Third basemen Emilio Gerrero was powerful at the plate for the Jackals going 2-for-4 with 3 RBI's. May's Can-Am Pitcher of the Month, Eduard Reyes, tossed six strong innings striking out eight batters and picking up the victory.
Miners starting pitcher David Palladino gave up five runs to the Jackals in the bottom of the first. Shortstop Santiago Chirino began the Jackals rally with a single to right field. The Jackals continued to stay hot with singles from Conrad Gregor, Alfedro Marte, and Guerrero. Jason Agresti managed to keep the rally alive with a double scoring Richard Stock and Guerrero in the first.
A few wild pitches from Palladino scored Gregor, Marte, and Guerrero in the bottom of the second bumping up the Jackals lead to 8-1.
In the fifth, Marte doubled on a bloop ball hit to center, while Stock used a fly out to advance Marte to third base. Guerrero continued to swing a hot bat as he singled to left field scoring Marte.
Agresti gave the Jackals another run batted in with a solo homer over the head of DK Carey in the seventh.
In the loss for the Miners, Mikey Reynolds blasted a solo home run over the fence in the fourth. In the ninth, the Jackals allowed a solo shot off the bat of Jose Brizuela and a three run homer from Brandon Downes. Reece Karalas closed the contest to secure the win for the Jackals making their overall record 12-11.
These teams will compete again Thursday at Yogi Berra Stadium for a 7:05 P.M. start.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - New Jersey Jackals
- Aigles Hold on to Early Lead - Rockland Boulders
- Garcia Strikes out Ten to Lead Champions to 4-2 Victory over Capitales - Ottawa Champions
- Can-Am League Game Recap - Can-Am
- Jackals Hang on to Defeat Miners, 10-7 - New Jersey Jackals
- Boulders to Dedicate POW-MIA "Chair of Honor" - Rockland Boulders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Jackals Stories
- Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center Presents: Darryl Strawberry in Conversation with Ira Berkow
- New Jersey Jackals: 2019 Can-Am League Champions
- Jackals Take 2-1 Series Lead with Shutout of Miners
- Miners Roll Past Jackals to Even Series at 1-1
- Jackals Walk-Off Miners in Game One of Championship Series