Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes split their weekend set in Colorado against the Eagles and prepare themselves for a three-in-three weekend this week.
Last week's record: 2-1-0
Season overall: 10-13-1
Tuesday vs. Arizona, 5-3 Win
Jeff Pierce had two goals and Michel Robinson made 35 saves in Odessa's win over the Sundogs. It was the first meeting of the season between the two teams. Sebastien Thinel tallied three assists for the Jacks as well.
Friday at Colorado, 8-3 Loss
It was a back-and-forth hockey game until midway in the second period when the Eagles took a 4-3 lead and never looked back, scoring five unanswered goals through the rest of the game. Dylan Stanley scored two goals for the Eagles.
Saturday at Colorado, 3-2 (OT) Win
Todd Robinson's one-timer from the left point found the net with six seconds remaining in overtime to propel the Jacks to a 3-2 win over Colorado. It was Odessa's first win ever in the Budweiser Events Center - it took 11 attempts. Kenny Corupe and Dave Van Drunen also scored for the Jackalopes.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Friday vs. Laredo, 7:05 PM
The Jacks and Bucks have split the four games they've played so far this season. Laredo's Neil Trimm leads all skaters in the season series with eight points (three goals, five assists). Behind him is Odessa's Todd Robinson with seven points (one goal, six assists). Laredo is 9-10-3 on the year.
Saturday at Texas, 7:30 PM
Texas has won both meetings this season against Odessa, outscoring the Jacks 12-7. The Brahmas' Greg Hogeboom leads all skaters with six points (one goal, five assists) in the series. Texas is 11-7-3 - four points ahead of the Jacks.
Sunday at Tulsa, 4:05 PM
Sunday is the first of four meetings between the Oilers (11-12-1) and Jacks this season. It's the only contest that will be played in Tulsa this year. The teams won't meet again until March, for three games in Odessa.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Odessa's record at Colorado now stands at 1-9-1 all-time.Kenny Corupe has scored a goal in three straight games now for Odessa.Sebastien Thinel (41 points) and Todd Robinson (37 points) continue to lead the CHL in overall points.Joel Martin is now 5-2-0 in his last eight appearances for the Jacks.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2010
- Shots from the Point for December 13, 2010 - CHL
- Quad City Mallards Lead the Way - Quad City Mallards
- Bucks to Host Basketball Contest Saturday - Laredo Bucks
- PrairieThunder's Bill Bagron Named Oakley CHL Player Of - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Can Set Record Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Americans Announce 2010-11 Television Schedule - Allen Americans
- Komets to Complete 5-Game Road Tour Friday at Quad City - Fort Wayne Komets
- Four Games For Hot Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Puska On Pucks Returns With All New Episode - OSC Original by Denis Puska
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.