Jackalopes Participate in Annual MDA Telethon
ODESSA, TX - For the third straight year, members of the Odessa Jackalopes team and staff spent part of their Labor Day raising money for the fight against Muscular Dystrophy.
Sebastien Thinel, Todd Robinson, Head Coach Paul Gillis, General Manager Joe Clark, and Community Relations Director Kyle Rodgers all took time to answer phones and field donations at the annual Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon for "Jerry's Kids", a charity supporting the fight against Muscular Dystrophy.
"We do this event every year it seems, and every year we enjoy it," said Thinel. "As long as the opportunity is there for us to help, we like being apart of it. The people were great to work with once again."
During the hour that the Jackalopes were answering phones and appearing on local television, nearly $30,000 was raised for the event locally.
"I'm new to the area and new to the team so this was my first community based event and it was great," added Robinson. "We all enjoyed ourselves and at the same time the people were great to work with and all our help went to a good cause."
Nationwide, the annual telethon raised over $58 million this year.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from September 7, 2010
- RiverKings, Buffalo Wild Wings Announce Away Game Parties - Mississippi RiverKings
- CHL and PHPA Reach Agreement - CHL
- Sundogs Add Pair of NCAA Skaters to Roster in Jason Williams and J.C. Robitaille - Arizona Sundogs
- Central Hockey League and PHPA Reach Agreement - CHL
- Thanks for Attending Mudbugs Fan Fair - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gems Partner with AHA - Dayton Gems
- Killer Sits Down for a "Q and A" - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mavericks Announce Adopt-A-Maverick Program Details - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks Community Update - Laredo Bucks
- Mallards in the Community - Quad City Mallards
- Jackalopes Participate in Annual MDA Telethon - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.