Jackalopes Fall 7-2 in Amarillo
AMARILLO, TX - The Jackalopes fell to the Amarillo Bulls 7-2 at the Budweiser Bull Pen in Amarillo on Friday.
Logan Jenuwine, the league's top scorer, picked up a hat trick as the Jackalopes fell down 5-0 in the second period before they picked up their first goal. It was a two-on-one play with Jack Conroy and Joseph Winkelmann. Conroy sent a pass over to Winkelmann who deposited the puck between the arm and pad of Jason Grande and into the net.
A scrum developed after the period was over after Rickey Boysen was cross-checked from behind by Jenuwine. The scrum resulted in no penalties for either team and set the stage for the explosion in the third period.
In the the third, a fight broke out between Brendan Coughlin and Trey Bagwell. It was short but it was intense. After the fight another one broke out between Patrick Dawson and Jenuwine. That scrum was also broken up and both layers instructed top leave the ice.
Jenuwine refused however, and verbally sparred with the officials. He was eventually joined by Bulls head coach Rocky Russo who was also ejected after he left his bench and went out onto the ice. Both were escorted from the playing surface and Odessa scored on the ensuing power play.
John Serafin scored off a hard shot from the left side that beat Grande high to trim the lead to 5-2. Before the game was over however, Amarillo scored twice (once short-handed and again while playing four-on-four.
With the 7-2 loss the Jackalopes fall to 20-30-2 on the season, but still remain 10 points out of a playoff spot thanks to a Corpus Christi loss.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 16, 2019
- IceRays Suffer First Shootout Loss of Season - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bugs Power Past Pilots - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Maryland Climbs to Win off Mountain's OT Winner - Maryland Black Bears
- Hot Goaltender Stifles Bruins, Fall to Blizzard 4-1 - Austin Bruins
- Tomahawks Fall to Northeast 4-3 in Overtime - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Titans Lose to the Knights, 2-1, in Overtime - New Jersey Junior Titans
- McCarthy Scores Clutch Game-Winning Goal in Overtime, Pilots Knock off Mudbugs 2-1 - Topeka Pilots
- Quick Hits: NAHL Game 53 Preview - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Today Is CASA Night - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Wings Give up 3 in the 3rd, Fall 5-4 Friday - Aberdeen Wings
- Knights Move into Playoff Spot with Shutout Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Jackalopes Fall 7-2 in Amarillo - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.