Jack Finley Signs Entry-Level Contract with Tampa Bay Lightning
Spokane Chiefs forward Jack Finley has signed an entry-level contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning, as announced by the Lightning on Saturday. Finley was selected by Tampa Bay in the second round of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
A Kelowna, B.C. native, Finley broke out during the 2019-20 season with 57 points (19G-38A) and a +32 rating in 61 games, centering a line with WHL Player of the Year Adam Beckman. The 6-foot-5 center posted 14 multi-point games, including four with 3+ and a career-best four points (1G-3A) in a dramatic 7-6 overtime win at Portland in early February. He finished the shortened season with points in 12 of the team's final 17 games (9G-12A).
The Stanley Cup Champion Lightning rewarded that effort by selecting him 57th overall -- their first pick in the draft as they didn't hold a first-round choice -- making him the 75th ever Chief selected by an NHL club.
In 131 career WHL games, all with Spokane, he has scored 28 goals and 77 points to go along with 84 penalty minutes. Finley has also appeared in 15 WHL playoff games, posting eight points (1G-7A). A 2002-born player, he will return to Spokane for the 2020-21 season should he not make the opening roster for Tampa Bay.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 12, 2020
- Dustin Wolf Named to United States Roster for the 2021 World Junior Championship - Everett Silvertips
- Kasper Puutio Named to Team Finland Roster for the 2021 World Junior Championship - Everett Silvertips
- Jack Finley Signs Entry-Level Contract with Tampa Bay Lightning - Spokane Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Spokane Chiefs Stories
- Three Former Chiefs on NHL Opening Night Rosters, More on Taxi Squads
- Chiefs Announce Player Development Updates for 2020-21 Season
- ParÃÂk Perfect as Czechs Blank Russians at World Juniors
- Michael King and James Porter Released
- Jack Finley Signs Entry-Level Contract with Tampa Bay Lightning