Jaap Stam and Geoff Cameron Earn MLS Team of the Week Honors
FC Cincinnati defender Geoff Cameron has been named to Major League Soccer's Team of the Week presented by Audi for week 6. Additionally, head coach Jaap Stam was named the coach for the Team of the Week. Cameron's selection marks the second occasion that FC Cincinnati players have been named to MLS' weekly team this season.
Saturday marked the first comeback victory in FC Cincinnati's MLS history. After conceding against Montreal in the second half, the Orange and Blue mounted a comeback with goals from Jürgen Locadia and Gustavo Vallecilla.
Cameron recorded his first assist with the Orange and Blue in the 70th minute. The defender headed in a rebound from a corner kick, which lead to Locadia redirecting the ball for the equalizing goal. The Attleboro, Mass., native led Cincinnati with five tackles, eight clearances and two interceptions.
FC Cincinnati will return to action this weekend when the club hosts New England Revolution at TQL Stadium on Saturday, May 29. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on WSTR 64, carried on the radio on ESPN1530, streamed regionally on fccincinnati.com/stream, out of market on ESPN+, while an audio stream will be available via the iHeartRadio app.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
Information about seating options at the club's state-of-the-art TQL Stadium is now available at TQLstadium.com. For more information about 2021 Season Ticket Memberships, which are now on sale to the general public, visit TQLstadium.com or the stadium's social properties on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram at @TQLStadium, or by calling the team's sales and service staff at 513-977-5425.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 24, 2021
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 24, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Know Your Opponent: FC Dallas - Colorado Rapids
- LA Galaxy 2021 Season Ticket Memberships on Sale Now - LA Galaxy
- Columbus Crew Midfielder Lucas Zelarayan Voted Major League Soccer Player of the Week - Columbus Crew SC
- Rio Tinto Stadium to Host Club América and Santos Laguna in Marquee Friendly Match - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew Midfielder Lucas Zelarayán Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 6 - MLS
- New England Revolution Expand Local Television Network with Western Mass News Partnership - New England Revolution
- Jaap Stam and Geoff Cameron Earn MLS Team of the Week Honors - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper David Ochoa Called to USMNT for Nations League - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo FC Midfielder Memo Rodriguez Named to MLSSoccer.Com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- Yueill Named to Final USMNT Roster Ahead of Concacaf Nations League Finals - San Jose Earthquakes
- Kellyn Acosta to Represent USMNT at Concacaf Nations League in Denver - Colorado Rapids
- The WeHo Club and the Goal Post Club Memberships Go on Sale to the General Public - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder PrzemysÃ Âaw Frankowski Called up to Poland National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- PayPal Park to Host Club America vs. Atlas FC on July 7 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Jimmy Nielsen Selected as Next Sporting Legend - Sporting Kansas City
- Austin FC and Austin Public Health Announce Attendance Guidelines and 100% Capacity for First-Ever MLS Match at Q2 Stadium - Austin FC
- New York City Football Club and BronxWorks Announce Multi-Year Partnership to Create Educational Opportunities for Bronx Minority Youth - New York City FC
- New England Revolution Sign Carles Gil to Contract Extension Through 2024 MLS Season - New England Revolution
- Nashville Soccer Club Remains Undefeated in 2021 Season with Home Victory in Front of 22,421 Fans - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.