Iowa Re-Signs Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit to AHL Contract
Iowa Wild announced today the signing of defenseman Turner Ottenbreit to a one-year American Hockey League contract.
Ottenbreit, 23 (7/9/97), skated in 20 games with Iowa during the 2020-21 season and recorded AHL career-highs in assists (three), points (four) and plus/minus (+5). The Yorkton, Sask. native also played 23 games with Iowa's former ECHL affiliate, Allen Americans, last season and tallied two goals, six assists for eight points.
Before reaching professional hockey, Ottenbreit played four seasons with the Seattle Thunderbirds in the Western Hockey League (WHL) and won a WHL Championship in 2017. The 6-foot-3, 195-pound defenseman paced the Thunderbirds in plus/minus during 2016-17 and was sixth in the WHL with a plus-45 rating.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 25, 2021
- Iowa Re-Signs Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit to AHL Contract - Iowa Wild
- Pascal Vincent Joins Columbus Blue Jackets Coaching Staff - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Minnesota Wild Names Joe O'Donnell New Radio Voice
- Iowa Wild Announces 2021-22 Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Iowa Wild Announces Time Change to January 15 Home Game
- Minnesota Wild to Host Tom Kurvers Prospect Showcase at Tria Rink
- Iowa Wild Announces 2021-22 Promotional Schedule