Iowa Can't Stop Legendary Performance from Dawkins
Des Moines, Iowa- The Iowa Energy (11-31) couldn't find an answer to Texas Legends' (22-20) guard Andre Dawkins, falling 148-105 Monday night at Wells Fargo Arena. Dawkins finished with 37 points and was one three-pointer shy of tying the D-League record (12-of-17) set by Brady Heslip on Nov. 29, 2014 (13).
The 148 points allowed was the most an Iowa Energy team has given up in team history.
Offensively, Energy shot just 38 percent from the field while allowing their opponent to score on 52 percent of their shot attempts.
Memphis Grizzlies assignee Jarell Martin posted his fourth double-double of the season with a 25-point, 14-rebound performance.
Wade Baldwin IV added 22 points to go along with five rebounds, six assists, one steal and two blocked shots. The Vanderbilt alum shot 4-of-5 from the 3-point line, marking a new career high in the D-League.
JaKarr Sampson came off the bench to score in double figures for the second consecutive night, recording 15 points and four rebounds.
Amir Williams just missed his first double-double since early February, finishing with nine points and nine rebounds in just 20 minutes of action.
Texas took their first lead of the game at the 5:56 mark in the first quarter and would lead all but one minute the rest of the way.
Jameel Warney joined Dawkins in the 30-point club for Texas, posting 30 points and seven rebounds.
The Iowa Energy continue their five-game home stand this Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. against the Los Angeles D-Fenders.
To purchase tickets, visit IowaNBA.com, call 515-564-8550 or visit the Wells Fargo Arena ticket office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 14, 2017
- Bighorns Defeat the Mad Ants at Home - Reno Bighorns
- Dawkins, Legends Hit Season-High to Blow out Energy - Texas Legends
- Iowa Can't Stop Legendary Performance from Dawkins - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Justin Patton Injury Update
- Amile Jefferson Named to Three All-NBA G League Teams
- Timberwolves Convert Amile Jefferson to Standard NBA Contract
- Timberwolves Recall Justin Patton from NBA G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Amile Jefferson Breaks NBA G League Single Season Double Double Record in Wolves Season Finale