Inter Miami CF, David Guetta Auction Signed 'United at Home' Concert Jersey for Charity on EBay
MIAMI, FL - While Inter Miami CF continues practicing social distancing, it has partnered with world-renowned music producer and DJ David Guetta to auction the customized and signed Inter Miami jersey shown by him during the live 'United at Home' fundraiser concert in Miami last week.
Starting at $1,000, the auction will go live from Friday, April 24 at 10 a.m. to Sunday, April 26 at 10.30 p.m. ET with all the proceeds benefiting Feeding South Florida, the leading domestic hunger-relief organization in South Florida.
Guetta, who entertained residents while practicing social distancing with the rooftop viewing party in the vibrant Brickell neighborhood of Miami on April 18, succeeded in raising $130,000 for Feeding South Florida. Guetta graciously matched the live stream donation, which was streamed live on Inter Miami's Facebook page, giving Feeding South Florida a total of $260,000 for those in need. All together the event raised $705,000 across four charities.
The autographed, Inter Miami Heron White jersey, which was raised by Guetta himself during the 'United at Home' concert, features Guetta's name and the No. 7 across the back, in recognition of his last album and in honor of the number Club co-owner David Beckham wore at Manchester United.
Before the world-wide pause on public events in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, Inter Miami made its Major League Soccer debut in March 2020, becoming the No. 1 selling League team on ecommerce only two games into its campaign.
Since then, Inter Miami has continued to find creative ways to support initiatives from home starting with altering the Club's logo to encourage social distancing with the separation of its white herons, which are normally interlocked. The Club lit up the Inter Miami CF Stadium scoreboard blue for the nationwide #LightItBlue campaign in solidarity of healthcare workers at the frontlines of this pandemic.
Inter Miami also joined the global Twitch Stream Aid 2020 that raised over $2.7 million for the World Health Organization's COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, playing in the Twitch Rivals SuperGames ft. Fortnite for Charity in support of the Baptist Health Foundation's COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund, as well as pledging a $55,000 donation to The Mourning Foundation in partnership with Captain Morgan. Inter Miami's owners Jorge Mas, Beckham and Marcelo Claure also joined the Fanatics ALL IN Challenge. Inter Miami also launched a food distribution drive in its stadium in collaboration with DeliverLean.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 24, 2020
- Sounders FC Players and Staff Take Part in Bloodworks Northwest Blood Drive at T-Mobile Park - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Commissioner Don Garber Talks Return to Play, Rapids Foundation and Success - Colorado Rapids
- Relive a Dramatic Rave Green Comeback on this Saturday's "Sounders FC Classics" Broadcast, Presented by TCL - Seattle Sounders FC
- Stan and Josh Kroenke Announce Creation of COVID Relief Fund - Colorado Rapids
- Northern California Teams, NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California and Timbuk2 Team up to Donate Face Masks and Bandanas Amid COVID-19 Pandemic - San Jose Earthquakes
- Toronto FC and Captain Morgan Team up to Help Local COVID-19 Relief Effort as Part of MLS Unites - Toronto FC
- Inter Miami CF, David Guetta Auction Signed 'United at Home' Concert Jersey for Charity on EBay - Inter Miami CF
- Whitecaps FC Rally Vancouver to Help Save the Vancouver Aquarium - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLSE Teams up with Partners to Announce Bringing Toronto Back to Its Feet - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Kicking off Year Two with Inter Miami CF Academy Presented by Baptist Health
- Alonso and DeLaGarza Thank Fans for Support Throughout Inaugural Season
- Inter Miami CF Closes Inaugural Season with Road Playoff Loss
- Diego Alonso and Wil Trapp Ready for the Challenge
- International Duty: Pizarro Featured for Mexico, May Rejoin Club for Playoff Match