Impact Wants a Sea of Blue at Olympic Stadium
MONTREAL - More than ever before, the Montreal Impact is inviting its supporters to wear their Impact blues in order to support their team.
Several thousand fans are expected to make the drive down the 401 to Montreal to watch the Impact's home opener against TFC at Olympic Stadium, on March 16 at 4pm (ET).
The trip by TFC fans is expected to break the league record for the largest number of travelling fans at a road game, established by 2400 Reds' supporters back in 2008 against the Crew in Columbus.
"More than ever, we are counting on our 12th player, the team's supporters," said Impact executive vice-president Richard Legendre. "We'd love to have a sea of blue to drown out the wave of red. We invite all our supporters at the stadium to sing and chant with the Ultras. We want our players to feel that the city is behind them, just as they were in last year's home opener. March 16 could set the tone for the rest of our second season in MLS."
In order to help the cause, the Impact announced that a free scarf will be given to all those who purchase a pair of category 1 and category 2 tickets (Navy Blue $72 and Royal Blue $52) for the game on March 16, by contacting the sales team at 514-328-3668 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). The first 500 people to call can take advantage of the free scarf offer, starting at 9am on Monday.
This game is part of the Rivalry Week in Major League Soccer.
The Impact will kick off its 2013 season on Saturday, March 2, in Seattle against the Sounders at 10:30pm (TVA Sports).
Season tickets 2013 season tickets are now available in seven categories, at a cost of $295, $385, $475, $580, $770 and $1070. You can assure your spot for the 2013 season by contacting the Impact's sales and services team at 514-328-3668. Show your support for your club by paying for your tickets using your Montreal Impact BMO credit card.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 24, 2013
- Union Return to Pennsylvania Ahead of Opening Match - Philadelphia Union
- Camilo scores a hat-trick as 'Caps end preseason on a high - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Wants a Sea of Blue at Olympic Stadium - Montreal Impact
- Redemption for Revs, who make late lead stand up - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Impact Acquires French Center Back Rudy Camacho
- Impact Launches 13th Edition of Its Stay-In-School Program
- Shamit Shome Loaned to Ottawa Fury FC for the 2018 Season
- Impact Draws the Groups for the U14 Qualification Tournament
- Impact Acquires Uruguayan International Midfielder Alejandro Silva