IceRays to Host CASA Night March 16
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - The Corpus Christi IceRays will host CASA Night presented by Whataburger and KIII-TV on Saturday, March 16 against the Lone Star Brahmas. The event will feature a special warm-up jersey auction, silent auction, 50/50 raffle and pre-game skate with a portion of proceeds benefiting CASA of the Coastal Bend. Puck drop against the Lone Star Brahmas is set for 7:05 PM at the American Bank Center.
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of the Coastal Bend works to speak up for and find permanent homes for foster children in crisis throughout Nueces, San Patricio, and Aransas counties. When a child enters the child welfare system because his or her home is no longer safe due to abuse or neglect, a judge may appoint a committed volunteer to advocate for the best interest of the child in court, at school and in other settings. That volunteer is called a Court Appointed Special Advocate, or CASA. Advocates stay with each case until it is closed and the child is placed in a safe, loving, permanent home. For many children, who are abused or neglected, their CASA will be the one constant presence in their lives.
"All of us at Whataburger believe children deserve a permanent, safe and loving home," said Whataburger Director of Operations Joe Lukefahr. "We're committed to doing our part to support CASA of the Coastal Bend as they work tirelessly to break the cycle of child abuse and look forward to fundraising and cheering on the IceRays during the big game."
The pre-game skate presented by Braselton Homes will take place from 1:00-4:00 PM at the American Bank Center. Admission is $12 and includes skate rental and a ticket to the IceRays' CASA Night game that evening.
Next up for the IceRays is the team's lone trip of the season to the Sunflower State for a March 8-9 weekend set against the Topeka Pilots. Puck drop both nights inside Landon Arena at the Kansas Expocentre is set for 7:05 PM CT. IceRays games are carried live on Sportsradio Corpus Christi (1230 AM/95.1 FM/96.1 FM), HockeyTV and Mixlr with the pre-game show starting 15 minutes prior to faceoff. For more information, visit goicerays.com/broadcast.
Four regular season home games remain for the IceRays, including March 15-16 against the Lone Star Brahmas. Prior to CASA Night on March 16, the IceRays will host Fortnite Night on Friday, March 15, including an Xbox One giveaway. Single game tickets, group tickets and suites for the remainder of the 2018-19 IceRays season are on sale now. Visit goicerays.com or call 361-814-PUCK (7825) for tickets or more information. Stay connected with the IceRays on Facebook (/CorpusChristiIceRays), Twitter (@goicerays) and Instagram (CorpusChristiIceRays).
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 7, 2019
- Pilots Prepped for Big Weekend Series with Ice Rays - Topeka Pilots
- Steel Raise $4,150 to Benefit Kids in C.L.I.M.B. Program - Chippewa Steel
- IceRays to Host CASA Night March 16 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Wilderness Military Appreciation Weekend Benefits Local Vets - Minnesota Wilderness
- Weekend Preview - Amarillo Bulls Visit Lone Star Brahmas this Weekend - Amarillo Bulls
- Subway Shootout - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- IceRays' Win Streak Snapped by Odessa Saturday
- IceRays Record Fifth-Straight Win against Odessa, 5-2
- IceRays Open at Home with Third-Straight Shutout of Odessa
- IceRays Sweep Three-Game Weekend with Another 1-0 Shutout Sunday
- IceRays Tie Best Start in Franchise History with 1-0 Shootout Win