IceHawks win over Generals
Flint, MI- The Generals came out strong but Port Huron took over in the second period in a game that ended 5-1 in favor of the IceHawks.
Tony Tuzzolino scored early for the Generals at 6:16 of the first period with assists from Jamie Schaafsma and Tyler Howells.
The first goal came on the power play at 2:02 from Kris Vernarsky, Tab Lardner got the assist. Lardner scored a goal of his own at 3:57 with help from Mike Kinnie and Vernarsky. Cory Stillman added to the Generals got the third Port Huron goal at 4:42, Nick Lindberg got the assist.
Michael Bedard scored the fourth goal of the second period for Port Huron at 12:10, Kerry Bowman and Jamie Lovell got the assists. Bedard scored his second of the night at 2:11 of the third.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from November 14, 2009
- Generals Dropped By Icehawks 5-1 In Game One Of A Home And Home - Flint Generals
- Bloomington Drops Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- IceHawks win over Generals - Flint Generals
- Thunder Wins 5-3 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals