ICE Sign 2019 Eighth Round Draft Pick Owen Boucher
Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg ICE announced on Monday, March 23 that the hockey club has signed 2004-born defenseman Owen Boucher to a Western Hockey League standard player agreement.
Boucher, a native of Bonnyville AB, was the team's eighth round selection (157th overall) in the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft. This past season, Boucher captained the Fort Sask Rangers in the Alberta Minor Midget Hockey League.
The 6'1, 161lbs defender recorded 16 goals and 23 assists for 39 points in 37 games. Boucher finished the year third in the league when it comes to defenseman scoring and tied for second in goals scored by a defenseman.
"Owen has shown steady growth and development all season. " said Jake Heisinger, Vice President of Hockey Operations and Assistant General Manager. "He is a competitive defenseman that contributes in all aspects of the game. Owen will be a steady presence on our blue line in the future."
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2020
- Oil Kings Statement on Cancellation of 2020 Playoffs and Memorial Cup - Edmonton Oil Kings
- A Statement from the Vancouver Giants - Vancouver Giants
- Saskatoon Blades Respond to Cancellation of WHL Playoffs - Saskatoon Blades
- Western Hockey League Announces Cancellation of 2020 WHL Playoffs - WHL
- ICE Sign 2019 Eighth Round Draft Pick Owen Boucher - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Ice Stories
- Bid on 2019-20 Season Worn Winnipeg ICE Jerseys
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2005-Born Forward Ty Fraser to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2005-Born Defenseman Ashton Cumby to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2004 Forward Brayden Edwards to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Winnipeg ICE Sign Hayden Pakkala to a WHL Standard Player Agreement