Hurricanes Sign Klavdiev to WHL Contract
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club announced Wednesday that they have signed 2003-born forward Yegor Klavdiev to a Western Hockey League Standard Player Agreement.
Klavdiev, 18, was selected by the Hurricanes with the 11th overall selection in the 2021 Canadian Hockey League Import Draft in June. The product of Minsk, Belarus recorded 11 points (6g-5a) along with 13 penalty minutes in 24 regular season games during the 2020-2021 with the Belarus Under-18 team. He skated in five games at the World Under-18 Championship in Dallas where he totaled three points (1g-2a) along with four penalty minutes for Belarus. "We're happy to be able to get Klavdiev signed," said Hurricanes General Manager Peter Anholt.
"We hope that he will be a good fit with our 2003-born group of players and after seeing him at the Under-18's, we are excited to see how he will progress at our level."
The 5'11, 175-pound forward also appeared in 13 regular season games last season with Dinamo-Molodechno of the Belarusian ExtraLeague A where he recorded four points (2g-2a) while collecting three points in five post-season games.
Klavdiev also suited up with Miskie Zubry for one regular season game, along with seven playoff games where he registered six points (2g-4a) and four penalty minutes. In 2019-2020, he played for the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders of the United States Hockey League collecting six points.
Klavdiev is one of nine 2003-born players projected for the 2021-2022 season, including: Chase Pauls, Kayden Sadhra- Kang, Joe Arntsen, Briley Wood, Zack Stringer, Ty Nash, Salvatora Collora and Jared Picklyk.
The Hurricanes open the 2021-2022 regular season on Friday, October 1st when they welcome the Calgary Hitmen to the ENMAX Centre. Season tickets for the 68-game season are available by calling 328-1986.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from July 14, 2021
- Hurricanes Sign Klavdiev to WHL Contract - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Chiefs Sign Import Pick Tsimafei Kauharenia to WHL Player Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks Reveal New Brand Identity - Portland Winterhawks
- Blades Office Open, Early Bird Ticket Deadline this Friday - Saskatoon Blades
- Wheat Kings Move Lambos to Everett - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Silvertips Acquire 2001-Born D Jonny Lambos from the Brandon Wheat Kings - Everett Silvertips
- Oil Kings Hire Josh Mallory as New Video Coach and Hockey Operations Coordinator - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.