Hurricanes Lose Close Game to Moncton Magic
HALIFAX, N.S. - The Halifax Hurricanes had their four-game win streak snapped by the visiting Moncton Magic at Scotiabank Centre on Sunday, dropping a close game 95-91.
Unlike the first two times these Atlantic Division rivals met this season, the Hurricanes did not let the Magic build a big lead on Sunday and swapped leads with Moncton multiple times through the third and fourth quarters, but could not edge of the Magic in the final seconds of the game.
Missing their star forward Gabe Freeman, the Hurricanes were led by Jordan Washington, who netted a game-high 22 points off the bench, while grabbing seven rebounds. Mike Poole and Kedar Edwards each scored 12 points from the wing.
The Hurricanes couldn't find their range Sunday, hitting just two of 17 three-pointers for the game.
Sunday was the Hurricanes final home game before Christmas. The Hurricanes play their next six games on the road, including a road trip to Ontario. They return to Halifax for Friday, Dec. 28 against the Cape Breton Highlanders and on Sunday, Dec. 30 against the St. John's Edge. Tickets for those game are available at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office or online.
Season tickets are also available. Go to HalifaxHurricanes.ca/Tickets/Season_Tickets to learn more.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from December 9, 2018
- NBLC Weekly Report - NBL Canada
- Maurice Jones Sr. Named NBL Canada Player of the Week - St. John's Edge
- Maurice Jones Sr., Joel Friesen Named Players of the Week - NBL Canada
- Lightning Fall to Titans - London Lightning
- Hurricanes Lose Close Game to Moncton Magic - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Overcome First Place Magic in Big Holiday Monday Win
- Hurricanes Push Back against Riptide for Exciting Home-Court Win
- Hurricanes Handle St. John's Behind Big 31-Point Game from Mike Poole
- Hurricanes Win Big in Charlottetown
- Hurricanes Strike Lighting with Fourth-Quarter Comeback Win