Hurley Returns to Gwinnett
The Gwinnett Gladiators have agreed to terms with defenseman Sean Hurley for the 2010-2011 season.
Hurley returns to Gwinnett after finishing the 2009-10 season with the Gladiators. He collected 6 points (1g, 5a) in 43 games with the Gladiators last year. Hurley joined the Gladiators on November 23rd after appearing in 2 games with the Las Vegas Wranglers to begin the season.
The Rutland, Vermont, native had 9 points (1g, 8a) in 47 games with Bakersfield during his first pro season in 2008-09.
After completing his senior season at Brown University, Hurley split time between Worcester and Norfolk and skated in seven American Hockey League games during the 2007-08 season.
In 126 career collegiate games at Brown University from 2004-2008, Hurley notched 79 points (22g, 57a) and 115 penalty minutes.
The Gwinnett Gladiators open the 2010-11 season on the road before returning home to host the South Carolina Stingrays on Friday, October 22nd at 7:35 p.m. The Gladiators are the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Thrashers and play all home games at the 11,355-seat Arena at Gwinnett Center, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 18, 2010
- Hurley Returns to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Las Vegas Wranglers Bought by Wranglers Hockey LLC - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Announce Season-Ending Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Laxdal Named Head Coach for WHL's Oil Kings - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Jerry James Promoted to Team President
- Glads Rally for Postseason Falls Just Short
- Predators Prospect Inks Deal with Atlanta
- South Carolina Survives with Home Victory Setting up Winner-Take-All Game Tomorrow
- Bonar Steals Crucial Point for Atlanta with Miraculous Performance in Net