Hoxie's OT Score Gives Blast Win
The Blast and Utica City FC games in the MASL are always close and physical. Today's game didn't disappoint as the Blast defeated Utica City FC in overtime 5-4 on a goal from Andrew Hoxie.
Hoxie led the team with 3 points with 2 goals and an assist, Tony Donatelli had a goal and an assist and Jonatas Melo and Juan Pereira each added a goal. Goalkeeper William Vanzela finished with 6 saves in a solid game in goal for Baltimore.
The Blast wasted no time getting on the board as Jonatas Melo found the back of the net off a feed from Hoxie to give Baltimore the early lead. Utica answered in the second quarter with a goal from Ricardo Diegues. Juan Pereira got the lead back for the Blast 5 minutes later on a goal off a pass from Mo N'diaye.
Utica tied it in the third quarter on a goal from Christhian Segura but Andrew Hoxie put the Blast up 3-2 with 5 seconds left in the stanza. Baltimore and Utica again battled into the fourth quarter with Moises Gonzalez tying it at 3. Donatelli put the Blast ahead with 4:17 left in the game only to see Gonzalez tie it with 2:02 remaining. Hoxie won it in OT on a poor clear by Utica to give the Blast a weekend sweep of the New York teams.
Baltimore returns home next Saturday January 4 as they welcome the Florida Tropics. Game time is 6:05pm and it is Star Wars Night. For ticket information, call 410-73-BLAST.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from December 29, 2019
- Hoxie's OT Score Gives Blast Win - Baltimore Blast
- Utica City Drops Overtime Heartbreaker to Baltimore - Utica City FC
- Stars to Auction Game Worn Jerseys on January 10 - Tacoma Stars
- San Diego Sockers Match Notes v. Sonora - San Diego Sockers
- Blast Blank Lancers 11-0 - Baltimore Blast
- Heat Defeated by Utica City FC 10-6 - Harrisburg Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.