Houston Dash Sign Forward Joelle Anderson
The Houston Dash and forward Joelle Anderson agreed to a two-year contract, the team announced today.
Anderson was selected No. 26 overall by Houston in the 2021 NWSL Draft but elected to play her final season at Pepperdine University before joining the Dash.
In five seasons with the Waves, Anderson appeared in 88 regular season games and scored 35 goals. The San Jose, Calif. native was also named to the All-West Coast Conference team every year of her college career, including being named to the All-WCC first team for three consecutive years. Anderson helped lead the Waves to a Sweet 16 appearance in the 2021 NCAA postseason.
With the addition of Anderson, the Dash now have 21 players under contract for the 2022 season.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Kansas City Current Sign Defender Alex Loera Through 2024 Season - Kansas City Current
- NJ/NY Gotham FC Locks in Key Defensive Piece with Re-Signing of Imani Dorsey - NJ/NY Gotham FC
- Houston Dash Sign Forward Joelle Anderson - Houston Dash
- OL Reign Signs Veronica Latsko Through 2023 Season - OL Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dash Stories
- Rachel Daly Named to England's Provisional Roster for 2022 UEFA Women's European Championship
- Dash and Racing Louisville FC Play to a 1-1 Draw in Third Meeting of 2022
- Houston Dash and Racing Louisville Tie in Third Meeting of 2022
- Houston Dash Add Matt Lampson as Goalkeeper Coach
- Houston Dash Continue Road Stretch against Racing Louisville