Houston Dash Re-Sign Forward Rachel Daly
NEED TO KNOW:
- Rachel Daly has scored nine goals for Houston over two seasons
- The forward was selected with the sixth-overall selection in the 2016 NWSL College Draft
HOUSTON (Monday, Nov. 20, 2017) - The Houston Dash and forward Rachel Daly have agreed to a new contract, the club announced today.
The 25-year-old finished with a career-high five goals and two assists last season. Daly scored two NWSL Goals of the Week in 2017, both against the Chicago Red Stars at BBVA Compass Stadium. Her first goal, on Saturday, April 15, earned a spot on ESPN's SportsCenter Top 10 Plays.
Daly scored four goals and tallied three assists in her rookie year. The Harrogate, England native was selected as the NWSL Player of the Week after her professional debut in the home opener where she scored the equalizer in Houston's 3-1 victory over the Red Stars.
The forward was selected with the sixth overall selection in the 2016 NWSL College Draft.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from November 21, 2017
- Houston Dash Re-Sign Forward Rachel Daly - Houston Dash
- Deadline to Apply for Media Credentials Through U.S. Soccer for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia Is - NWSL
- NWSL ANNOUNCES FC KANSAS CITY TO CEASE OPERATIONS - NWSL
- NWSL ANNOUNCES FC KANSAS CITY TO CEASE OPERATIONS - FC Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dash Stories
- Houston Dash MF Michaela Hahn Announces Retirement
- Houston Dash Defeat Sky Blue FC 2-1 with Brace from FW Rachel Daly
- Houston Dash Fall 2-1 to Utah Royals FC
- Houston Dash FW Rachel Daly Named to NWSL Team of the Month
- Houston Dash GK Jane Campbell Named NWSL Player of the Week