Hounds Open Playoffs at Louisville City FC, Match to be Televised on 22 the Point
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC will open its 2020 USL Championship Playoffs run against Louisville City FC. The teams will meet for an Eastern Conference Quarterfinals showdown at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 10 at Lynn Family Stadium, and the match will be locally televised on 22 The Point.
Pittsburgh finished the 16-game regular season with a 11-4-1 record en route to a second place Group F finish. Meanwhile, Louisville won Group E with a 11-3-2 overall mark.
This will mark a rematch of last year's Eastern Conference Semifinals match that Louisville won, 2-1, in extra time on Nov. 2, 2019, at Highmark Stadium. Thomas Vancaeyezeele put the Hounds ahead early in the 11th minute, but Louisville rallied behind goals from Luke Spencer (51') and Paolo DelPiccolo (118'). The Boys in Purple would go on to the 2019 USL Championship Final, where they would fall to champion Real Monarchs SLC.
This year, Pittsburgh and Louisville met once during the regular season. After falling behind, the Hounds scored three straight goals to defeat the foe, 3-1, in its inaugural match at Lynn Family Stadium on July 12. Jordan Dover (45'), Robbie Mertz (46') and Anthony Velarde (51') scored for the Black and Gold whereas Devon Williams (18') posted Louisville's goal.
To stay up to date on all Riverhounds SC postseason news and information, visit riverhounds.com/playoffs.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 5, 2020
- Three Takeaways from #SACvPOR - Sacramento Republic FC
- Daniel Finlayson Transferred to St Mirren FC - Orange County SC
- LA Galaxy II to Face Reno 1868 FC on Saturday, October 10 in First Round of USL Championship Playoffs - LA Galaxy II
- Independence Set to Host Battery in USL Championship Playoffs - Charlotte Independence
- LouCity, Pittsburgh Booked for a USL Playoffs Rematch - Louisville City FC
- Bracket Set for 2020 USL Championship Playoffs - USL
- Legion FC Clinches Spot in 2020 USL Championship Playoffs - Birmingham Legion FC
- Hounds Open Playoffs at Louisville City FC, Match to be Televised on 22 the Point - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Stories
- Hounds' Forbes, Vancaeyezeele Named All-League First Team
- Hounds Fall to Louisville in Conference Quarterfinals
- Playoffs Preview: Riverhounds SC at Louisville City FC
- Riverhounds SC Goalkeeper Danny Vitiello Wins Golden Glove Award
- Hounds Open Playoffs at Louisville City FC, Match to be Televised on 22 the Point