Daniel Finlayson Transferred to St Mirren FC
IRVINE, Calif. - Orange County SC has returned Rangers loanee to Ibrox where he has been sent to Scottish Premiership club St. Mirren FC and on-loan until the end of the season with that move then becoming permanent for an undisclosed fee.
Finlayson a talented Northern Ireland youth international played a large role in the success of the OCSC defense appearing in 12 games with 9 starts. Defensively Danny had 10 interceptions with 17 tackles and won 38 of his 82 duels.
During his time in Orange County, Finlayson was given the opportunity to showcase his talents against a competitive Group B in the USL Championship, highlighting the club's ability to develop and transfer young talent out of the USL.
Finlayson has already joined St. Mirren where he will continue his training and development with a shot at joining the first team in 2021.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 5, 2020
- Three Takeaways from #SACvPOR - Sacramento Republic FC
- Daniel Finlayson Transferred to St Mirren FC - Orange County SC
- LA Galaxy II to Face Reno 1868 FC on Saturday, October 10 in First Round of USL Championship Playoffs - LA Galaxy II
- Independence Set to Host Battery in USL Championship Playoffs - Charlotte Independence
- LouCity, Pittsburgh Booked for a USL Playoffs Rematch - Louisville City FC
- Bracket Set for 2020 USL Championship Playoffs - USL
- Legion FC Clinches Spot in 2020 USL Championship Playoffs - Birmingham Legion FC
- Hounds Open Playoffs at Louisville City FC, Match to be Televised on 22 the Point - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- USL Academy Team Adds New Layer to OC Pathway
- OCSC Signs Chris Wehan
- OCSC Announces New Youth Soccer Network as Part of Pathway to Pro in OC
- USL Academy League Confirms Founding Southwest Division Members
- Orange County SC Transfers Keeper Aaron Cervantes to Glasgow Rangers FC