Hounds Announce Jay Thomas New Equipment Manager
Soo Greyhounds GM Kyle Raftis announced a hiring in the club's Hockey Operation's department today, naming JAY THOMAS the team's new Equipment Manager.
"We are very excited to promote Jay into the position of Head Equipment Manager. Over the past two seasons Jay has contributed over and above his duties for the organization. His passion for the role did not go unnoticed. We are excited for Jay to start this new position and continue to provide a great environment for our players" stated Raftis.
Thomas will be entering his third season with the Hounds, first full-time, after previously holding the position of Assistant Equipment Manager.
Prior to joining the OHL club he was Head Equipment Manager / Trainer with the Soo Thunderbirds of the NOJHL.
The life-long Sault Ste. Marie native has over thirteen years in sporting goods and repairs.
"It's surreal to have watched so many games in this arena and the old Memorial Gardens and to now be a part of this storied franchise, it's amazing" began Thomas.
"I am very excited to take this next step and join the incredible staff we have here. I hope I can be a small part in keeping our winning tradition going".
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 22, 2019
- OHL Announces Adopted Notices of Motion Following Annual Meeting - OHL
- 2019-20 Training Camp Schedule Set - Kingston Frontenacs
- Hounds Announce Jay Thomas New Equipment Manager - Soo Greyhounds
- Attack Add to Hockey Operations - Owen Sound Attack
- Spykes Clearance Pre-Season Sale Begins Monday, August 26th - Guelph Storm
- Petes Announce 2019 Training Camp Schedule - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.