Hornets Recall Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm
Charlotte Hornets General Manager Mitch Kupchak announced today that the team has recalled guard Devonte Graham from the Greensboro Swarm, the team's NBA G League affiliate.
Graham (6-2, 185, Kansas) appeared in two contests with the Swarm after being assigned to the G League team on Oct. 30. The rookie point guard averaged 23.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 8.0 assists in 35.2 minutes per game. Graham recorded a double-double in the Swarm's season-opening 16-point win over the Wisconsin Herd on Nov. 2. He tallied a team-high 31 points, including 22 points in the fourth quarter and overtime, in the Swarm's come-back win over Capital City on Nov. 3. Graham has appeared in two games with the Hornets, averaging 3.5 points and 1.5 assists in 9.5 minutes per game.
Charlotte acquired the rights to Graham, the 34th overall selection in the 2018 NBA Draft, from the Atlanta Hawks in a draft night trade. Graham was the 2017-18 Big 12 Player of the Year and a consensus First Team All-American after averaging 17.3 points, 7.2 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 1.6 steals in 37.8 minutes in 39 games played as a senior.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 4, 2018
- Blue Beats Clippers in Back-and-Forth Affair - Oklahoma City Blue
- Northern Arizona Suns Claim Jawun Evans - Northern Arizona Suns
- Memphis Hustle Drop Season Opener to Rio Grande Valley Vipers - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws Take Down Blue Coats for First Victory - Maine Red Claws
- Atlanta Hawks Recall Daniel Hamilton - Erie BayHawks
- De'Anthony Melton Recalled by Phoenix Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornets Recall Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Detroit Pistons Recall Henry Ellenson and Khyri Thomas from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Suns Run out of Time in 2018-19 Season Opener - Northern Arizona Suns
- Macon Rains on Spurs Ring Night - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Northern Arizona Suns 118-104 in Season Opener - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Fall to Texas Legends 126-120 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Greensboro Swarm Adds Connor Burchfield
- Chinanu Onuaku to Participate in February Training Camp for USA Basketball's Men's World Cup Qualifying Team
- Swarm Hold off BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd
- Hornets Recall Bacon and Graham from Greensboro Swarm
- Red Claws End Swarm Streak