Hollins Triple-Double Leads Drive over Bulls
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL - Two road games in as many nights didn't slow the Drive on Saturday night as they topped the Bulls 105-92, sweeping the weekend's back-to-back games and moving their record to 19-14 on the season.
The Drive and the Bulls went into the night as two of the best defensive teams in the league respectively. The Drive ultimately capitalized on their ability to crash the boards, earn second chance points, convert points off transitions and move the ball efficiently.
Guard Tra-Deon Hollins earned the team's first triple-double of the season as he finished with 11 points, 14 assists, 10 rebounds and 4 steals.
Todd Withers had another impressive shooting performance, going for a team-high 22 points on 6-14 from deep in addition to 9 rebounds. The Drive's big men Adam Woodbury served up an impressive double-double, earning 18 points and 13 rebounds and Donta Hall also added a double-double to the stat line with 14 points, 12 rebounds and 2 blocks. Dakarai Allen was tenacious on the defensive end of the court while finishing with 6 steals to go with 7 points and 6 assists.
The Bulls were led by Jaron Blossomgame who finished with 21 points and 5 rebounds. Ferrakohn Hall followed up with 15 points. Other Bulls in double figures were Justin Simson (11 points, 7 steals & 3 blocks), Simisola Shittu (10 points, 5 rebounds & 4 assists), V.J Beachem (10 points) and Milton Doyle (10 points, 8 assists & 2 steals).
The Bulls clawed their way back into the contest after cutting into the Drive's 13-point lead to just a 48-47 lead for GR going into the second half but the Drive's aggressiveness on defense and offense was unmatched. Overall, the visiting team earned 48 points in the paint compared to 32 for the Bulls. Additionally, the Drive tallied up 18 second chance points while the home team only earned 3. Grand Rapids again proved themselves as one of the best defensive teams in the league by out-rebounding the Bulls 55-28, earning them additional possessions.
The Drive will head back to Grand Rapids to get ready for a four-game home stretch, with their first game against the Westchester Knicks on Feb. 11. The Bulls will stay home to take on the Maine Red Claws on Feb. 10. Tip-off for both games is at 7 p.m.
Highlights:Full Game >>> https://bit.ly/2H5Ztsa
Box Score >>> http://on.nba.com/2UCIWE8
Tra-Deon Hollins (11pts, 14ast, 10reb & 4stl) >>> https://bit.ly/2H3SMai
Adam Woodbury (18pts & 13reb) >>> https://bit.ly/31FmUly
Todd Withers (22pts, 9reb & 6 3PM) >>> https://bit.ly/2HdiPeZ
Donta Hall (14pts, 12reb & 2blk) >>> https://bit.ly/38ciCVl
Dakarai Allen (7pts, 6ast & 6stl) >>> https://bit.ly/2uxOeWR
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 8, 2020
- Payne-Full Night for Wolves in Frisco - Texas Legends
- Fourth Quarter Woes Push Wolves to Loss against Legends - Iowa Wolves
- Shorthanded Hustle Fall to Lakers 115-106 to Begin West Coast Trip - Memphis Hustle
- Hollins Triple-Double Leads Drive over Bulls - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wisconsin Declaws Maine with a 134-118 Victory - Wisconsin Herd
- Bulls Drop Second Straight to the Drive, 105-92 - Windy City Bulls
- South Bay Shakes off Home Blues for Win over Memphis - South Bay Lakers
- Tariq Owens Scores Career-High as Suns Enter Break with Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hot-Shooting Herd Too Much for Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Knicks' Historic Triple-Overtime Goes Canton's Way - Westchester Knicks
- Randolph, Charge Nix Knicks in Triple OT - Canton Charge
- Jeremy Pargo Earns Call-Up with Golden State Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Zach Norvell Jr. Earns NBA Call-Up with Golden State Warriors - South Bay Lakers
- College Park Skyhawks Waive Phil Cofer - College Park Skyhawks
- Skyhawks Acquire Former Georgia State and NBA Guard R.J. Hunter - College Park Skyhawks
- Hornets Recall Caleb Martin & Jalen McDaniels from the Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Suns Shoot Well But Drop First of Back-To-Back Set - Northern Arizona Suns
- Warriors Fall to Skyforce, 105-114 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.