Hockey Fights Cancer Night Scheduled for November 20
The Moose Jaw Warriors are excited to announce that on Friday, November 20th the organization will hold its Hockey Fights Cancer Night.
Founded in 1998 by the NHL and NHL Players' Association, Hockey Fights Cancer unites the hockey community in support of cancer patients and their families.Â November is Hockey Fights Cancer Month across the NHL and this will mark the second time that the Warriors have supported this program.
As part of this special game night, the Warriors will be wearing a Hockey Fights Cancer themed jersey, and for the first time, fans will be able to submit pictures of a loved one who they would like to honour and those pictures will be placed in the numbers on the back of the jerseys worn that night.
Space for the pictures is very limited and will cost $20 per picture.Â Fans will be able to submit their pictures and payment through the Crushed Can Souvenir Store website, www.thecrushedcan.com. Pictures will need to be in a high resolution and with a preferred bright background.Â Photographs will need to be scanned at 300dpi x 300dpi.
(Image shown above does not reflect the size of the picture that will be used on the Warriors Hockey Fights Cancer jersey and is just an example of what the numbers will look like)
The Warriors will wear these themed jerseys on November 20th and will be sold through a silent auction throughout the night.Â For those who are not able to get a picture on the jersey or purchase a jersey through the auction, there will be other ways to donate at the game.
Net proceeds from the jerseys, pictures, and other initiatives offered that night will go to the Saskatchewan branch of the Canadian Cancer Society.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 16, 2021
- Jackson Berezowski, Ronan Seeley Named Co-Captains of the Everett Silvertips for 2021-22 - Everett Silvertips
- Broncos Announce Covid-19 Protocols for Pre-Season Home Games - Swift Current Broncos
- Hurricanes Sign Viesner to SPA - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- WHL Live All-Access Passes Now Available Through CHL TV - WHL
- Preview: Rockets Set To Host Royals - Kelowna Rockets
- Victoria Royals Sign Defenceman Justin Kipkie - Victoria Royals
- Hurricanes Announce Health and Safety Update - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Broncos Hire Matt Keillor as Assistant Coach - Swift Current Broncos
- Hockey Fights Cancer Night Scheduled for November 20 - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Alberta WHL Teams Implementing "Restrictions Exemption" Program - Red Deer Rebels
- Tigers, Rebels and Hurricanes Will Adopt the Provinces Restriction Exemption Program - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Vancouver Giants Announce 2021-2022 Schedule Update - Vancouver Giants
- Rockets Announce New Home Opener Date - Kelowna Rockets
- Two WHL Games Featured on 2021-22 CBC Broadcast Schedule - WHL
- Pats to be Featured on CBC Broadcast Schedule - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.