Hill Signs With Flint
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals, proud members of the IHL, announced Friday the signing of forward Jason Hill.
The Niagara Falls, NY native played four years of collegiate hockey for Buffalo State College of the NCAA. During his tenure Hill netted 35 goals and 96 assists for 131 points in 90 games played.
This is the 5'9" 175 pound forward's first professional season. He began the 2009-10 hockey campaign with the Amarillo Gorillas of the CHL where he appeared in 8 games scoring 1 goal and 2 assists. Hill then joined the Huntsville Havoc, tallying 5 goals and 6 assists for 11 points in 8 games.
"Jason led the NCAA-D III in assists, that is the kind of offense we are looking for on this team," said Generals Head Coach Jason Muzzatti.
Beginning tonight (Friday), the Generals look to rebound from a tough week thirteen when they take on the Komets at 7:00 PM in Fort Wayne. They face the Quad City Mallards in Moline, IL Saturday before rounding out their weekend Sunday in Bloomington.
The Gens return to Perani Friday, January 22nd when they host the PrairieThunder. It marks the start of Facebook Fridays at Perani. Followers of the Flint Generals Group on Facebook will be eligible for up to 3 (three) $5 tickets when they present a printed version of the "Facebook Friday" photo from the Generals Group page. The photo will be posted every Monday leading up to a Friday home game.
Tickets for the January 22nd game are on sale now at the Perani Arena Ticket Office, by phone at 810-744-0580, or through Ticketmaster. For group ticket information, call the Generals Office at 810-744-0222 or visit our website at www.flintgenerals.com.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from January 15, 2010
- Port Huron Extends Home Winning Streak To 11 Games With Victory - Port Huron Icehawks
- Gems lose to Icehawks - Dayton Gems
- Muskegon Slips Past Mallards in Shootout - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Sign Cook - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Hill Signs With Flint - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals