Hershey Bears to Host GIANT Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss Saturday, January 23
(Hershey, PA) - The Hershey Bears will host the GIANT Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss and Food Drive on Saturday, Jan. 23. The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the parking lot of GIANT Center.
"We have incredible fans who are so passionate about giving back to the community, so we are very pleased and excited to bring this event to life in a safe, drive-thru setting," said vice president of hockey operations Bryan Helmer. "The Teddy Bear Toss brings joy and happiness to so many, which is especially important during these challenging times. It is an honor for our organization to partner with our fans to help make a difference in the lives of those in our community as we approach our upcoming season."
Fans are encouraged to bring new or gently used stuffed animals to benefit local charities. Much like the normal Teddy Bear Toss, fans will be encouraged to toss their stuffed animals, this time out their car windows, to help bring smiles to local children.
The Bears are the world record holders for the Teddy Bear Toss, an event that traditionally takes place each December, and sees fans throw stuffed animals on the ice after the club's first goal of the game. In 2019, the club collected 45,650 stuffed animals for local charities, and the event was featured on ESPN and news organizations across the globe.
The team has also partnered with GIANT to host a Food Drive in conjunction with the GIANT Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss. Fans are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items.
As the safety of our guests and team members remains top priority, guests will be required to wear face coverings - even while in their cars - maintain social distancing, and wherever possible, remain in their vehicle when depositing any donations. All team members will be required to wear face coverings and other necessary PPE, maintain social distancing, and frequently sanitize hands.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 7, 2021
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Anthony Stolarz to Two-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Nashville Predators, Carolina Hurricanes Agree to AHL Partnership for 2020-21 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Chicago Wolves Add Nashville Affiliation for 2020-21 - Chicago Wolves
- Hershey Bears to Host GIANT Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss Saturday, January 23 - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Despite Two Shorthanded Goals, Bears Fall to Phantoms 4-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
- Time Change for March 26 Road Game at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Announced
- Hershey Bears Weekly: Strong Play Continues Heading into March
- Fucale and Bears Blank Devils, 3-0