Havoc adjusts roster for playoffs
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - Huntsville Havoc head coach, John Gibson, announced today that the team has signed defenseman Chris Shaw.
Shaw (6-3, 220) played in 13 games for the Richmond Renegades this season after playing in 19 for the Tulsa Oilers of the CHL and six for the Elmira Jackals of the UHL earlier this season. He has played in 182 career games and scored two goals and 10 assists. He also has 677 penalty minutes. He had one goal and two assists to go along with 89 penalty minutes for Richmond.
The Havoc also lost two defensemen as Martin Kubaliak was placed on season-ending injured reserve with a broken ankle and Justin Schmit was called up to Elmira of the UHL.
The Havoc will travel to Fayetteville Friday night for game one of their best-of-three series with the FireAntz. Game two is set for Saturday night at 7:30 in Huntsville.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from March 28, 2007
- Collins named SPHL Player of the Month - SPHL
- Moore named Player of the Week - SPHL
- Marks, Sich and Velemirovich Honored - Fayetteville Marksmen
- SPHL's Third Regular Season Ends - SPHL
- Havoc garners regular season awards - Huntsville Havoc
- Havoc adjusts roster for playoffs - Huntsville Havoc
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.