Hat Tricks Roar Back, Win 4-3
DANBURY, CT - The Danbury Hat Tricks battled the Johnstown Tomahawks at home on Friday and had their most impressive victory of the season. Danbury went down 3-0 early in the second period and then roared back to win 4-3 in overtime.
Right off the opening draw Johnstown rushed into the zone and an errant pass and bounce off of a Hat Trick sent the puck behind Adam Johnson and gave Johnstown a 1-0 lead. Johnstown would score again with under three minutes remaining to go up 2-0 into the second.
The second period saw the Tomahawks go up 3-0 before Danbury would answer the bell. Gabe Dombrowksi (7) scored a goal just over halfway through the second frame and had Jazz Krivtsov (1) follow it up only 27 seconds later to make it 3-2 heading into the third.
Peter Lychnikov (1) scored in his Hat Tricks debut to tie the game up with 10:34 remaining in the third. The rest of the third period was scoreless but saw several massive saves from Adam Johnson who was stellar in his first game in three weeks.
"Johnson is a calming presence for us in there," commented head coach Billy McCreary. "He has been working hard for the last couple weeks, listening to the coaching he has been getting and tonight we got the results."
The Hat Tricks take the ice again tomorrow night against the same Johnstown Tomahawks. Danbury will be in search of their first two-game winning streak of the season.
Make sure to come out and support the Hat Tricks tomorrow night at home, the game is slated for an 8:00 p.m. puck drop, immediately after the free agent game for the FPHL Hat Tricks. Anyone who attends the FPHL free agent game will be given a ticket to the NAHL game and be encouraged to stay and support the Jr. Hat Tricks.
Tickets for the NAHL game can be purchased at the front gate or found on our website. If you can't make it out to Danbury Ice Arena, make sure to follow along on our social media or live on HockeyTV.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 22, 2021
- Ring Recognized by NHL Central Scouting - New Jersey Titans
- Wilderness Announce 2021-22 Team Leadership - Minnesota Wilderness
- Wolthers Commits to Western Michigan - Minnesota Wilderness
- Hat Tricks Roar Back, Win 4-3 - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Tomahawks Edged by Danbury in OT - Johnstown Tomahawks
- New Mexico Ice Wolves to Debut Special Dia de Los Muertos Uniforms October 29-3l - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Two More in Minnesota on Tap for Janesville - Janesville Jets
- Weekend Preview: Fairbanks Ice Dogs - Springfield Jr. Blues
- Hat Tricks Open Weekend Series against Johnstown - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.