Hartford Colonials QB Josh McCown Selected as UFL Offensive Player of the Week
HARTFORD, CT - Hartford Colonials quarterback Josh McCown was named United Football League Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in Saturday's victory over the Sacramento Mountain Lions.
McCown threw three touchdown passes to lead the Colonials to a 27-10 victory over Sacramento before a UFL regular season record crowd of 14,384 at Rentschler Field. He completed 11 of 21 passes for 265 yards and no interceptions.
"Josh had an outstanding game," Colonials Head Coach Chris Palmer said. "He played within himself, read the defense well and made outstanding plays."
McCown hooked up with running back Lorenzo Booker on an 80-yard touchdown, the longest pass play in the two-year history of the UFL. McCown also threw a 59-yard touchdown pass to Jason Chery and a four-year TD strike to Markee White.
McCown and the Colonials travel to Nebraska this week to play the Omaha Nighthawks on Friday night at 8 pm. The game will be televised on HDNet and broadcast on ESPN Radio 1410/WPOP-AM in Hartford.
• Discuss this story on the United Football League message board...
United Football League Stories from September 20, 2010
- Nighthawks Sign Former NFL First Round Pick - Omaha Nighthawks
- Hartford Colonials QB Josh McCown Selected as UFL Offensive Player of the Week - Hartford Colonials
- UFL Transactions - UFL
- Nighthawks Pep Rally Wednesday - Omaha Nighthawks
- Tuskers Take On Mountain Lions In Quest For Western Sweep - Florida Tuskers
- Colonials Quarterback, Locos Linebacker And Tuskers Kicker Named United Football Players Of Week 1 - UFL
- OurSports Central Names UFL Players of the Week - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Hip Hop Artist Nelly to Perform at Halftime of Omaha Nighthawks Season Opener - Omaha Nighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.