Harrisburg Heat Win Final Tune Up
HARRISBURG, PA - Longtime forward Val Teixeira scored five goals while second- year pros Kenneth Fultz and Geoff Pezon each scored three times Saturday night as the Harrisburg Heat beat the New Jersey Dynamo 17-0 in a preseason game at Sports City Harrisburg.
The game was the Heat's final tune-up before opening their second season in the Professional Arena Soccer League next Saturday in Detroit.
Teixeira scored three of his goals in a span of just over 10 minutes in the second quarter as the Heat turned a 2-0 lead from the first quarter into an 8-0 rout with 3:16 remaining in the first half.
Fultz scored two of his three goals in a 51-second span of the second quarter, both coming off assists from Mitchell Walters for a 6-0 lead.
Walters also scored a goal for the Heat, as did Danny Thompson, Tom Mellor, Brad Kerstetter and David Qaisi, the latter of whom posted two goals in the fourth quarter.
Goalkeeper Sam Bishop played the first three quarters before Justin Johnson shut out the Dynamo over the final 15 minutes.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from November 2, 2013
- Dallas Sidekicks open season with 15Ã¢ÂÂ3 victory over Wichita - Dallas Sidekicks
- Harrisburg Heat Win Final Tune Up - Harrisburg Heat
- Revolution Fall to Chicago 10-5 - Tulsa Revolution
- Illinois Piasa Cruise to Victory over the Tulsa Revolution - Illinois Piasa
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Heat Stories
- Heat Close out 2018-19 Season with 9-6 Victory over Metro Stars
- Game Preview April 6 - Mississauga MetroStars vs. Harrisburg Heat
- Harrisburg Takes Down Baltimore in Thrilling 4-3 Overtime Win
- Game Preview - Baltimore Blast vs. Harrisburg Heat
- Heat Start Double Home Weekend with 6-3 Win over MetroStars