Illinois Piasa Cruise to Victory over the Tulsa Revolution
Pontoon Beach, IL - Illinois Piasa cruised to victory over the Tulsa Revolution, 7-4, in their 2013-14 Professional Arena Soccer League season and home opener in front of 496 fans at The Field Sports Complex in Pontoon Beach, Illinois.
Piasa jumped out to an early lead when forward Roger Gemoules, on a partial breakaway, scored just 29 seconds into the contest. Piasa added another goal at the 8:47 mark when Senad Cavka scored off an assist from Roger Gemoules. Tulsa scored their only goal of the first half when Franck Tayou scored off a rebound at the 14:35 mark of the first quarter. Senad Cavka netted another goal at the 4:38 mark of the second period. Then, Piasa all but held the ball to play out the first half and take a 3-1 lead into the intermission.
The second half was more of the same for the Piasa. The teams exchanged power play goals in the third period; Piasa's coming from Anel Ibricic (unassisted) at the 5:37 mark.
In the fourth quarter Piasa outscored the Revolution 3 to 2. Piasa's fourth quarter goals came from Denis Hamzabegovic (unassisted) at 1:10 in, Roger Gemoules from John Anzalone at 6:36 in, and Alen Bradaric from Damir Kordic at 14:07 in.
Piasa was in control throughout the game. First year Head Coach Doug Montroy said that the team had "a solid game plan coming in and my guys executed well, it's a great start to the season."
Piasa starts the PASL season 1-0; the Revolution fall to 0-1. Piasa will travel to Wichita to face the B-52s in their home opener on Saturday, November 9 at 7:05 pm CT. This game, and every Illinois Piasa game, can be viewed live on www.americaonesports.com.
The 3 stars of the game were, at the #1 star, midfielder Senad Cavka with 2 goals, at the #2 star, goalkeeper Alan Hagerty who had an outstanding game between the posts stopping 13 of 17 shots on goal, and at the #3 star, forward Roger Gemoules with 2 goals and an assist.
Piasa does not return home until Saturday, November 30 at 7:35 pm CT against the B-52s in their second matchup of the season.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from November 2, 2013
- Dallas Sidekicks open season with 15Ã¢ÂÂ3 victory over Wichita - Dallas Sidekicks
- Harrisburg Heat Win Final Tune Up - Harrisburg Heat
- Revolution Fall to Chicago 10-5 - Tulsa Revolution
- Illinois Piasa Cruise to Victory over the Tulsa Revolution - Illinois Piasa
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Illinois Piasa Stories
- Piasa Co-Founder, Co-Owner and General Manager Matt Williams Sells Remaining Interest in Club
- Illinois Piasa Drop Final Regular Season Home Game 6-3 to Wichita B-52s
- Illinois Piasa Hang on for Big 4-3 Win over Harrisburg Heat
- Illinois Piasa Drop Tough Loss to Cincinnati Saints 8-3
- Illinois Piasa Fall to In-State Rivals Chicago Mustangs 13-1