Haley Hanson and Cece Kizer Named to the U-23 U.S. Women's National Team for Nordic Cup
HOUSTON - Houston Dash midfielder Haley Hanson and forward Cece Kizer have been named to the United States Under-23 Women's National Team roster for the Nordic Cup, U.S. Soccer announced earlier today.
The Dash duo will face England, Norway and Sweden during the FIFA international break from Aug. 28 to Sept. 2. The U.S. will open the tournament against Norway on Aug. 28. Two days later, the U.S. will take on England on Aug. 30 and finish against Sweden on Sept. 2. All the matches will be played at Loughborough University in Loughborough, England.
Hanson has appeared in 17 games for Houston this season, starting in 14 of those games. A versatile player, Hanson started the season as a midfielder and has also seen action at right back for the Dash. There, Hanson has helped the team keep two clean sheets in their last three outings.
Kizer has made nine appearances for the Dash, earning 243 minutes with two starts as a forward. The Missouri native was drafted as the fourth pick in the second round of the 2019 NWSL College Draft and made her professional debut against Chicago on May 19.
This will be Hanson's second appearance in the Nordic Cup, having made three appearances with the U-23 U.S. Women's National team in 2018. She has also earned one cap with the senior national team, making her debut on April 8, 2018 when the USWNT defeated Mexico 6-2 at BBVA Stadium.
Kizer received her first invitation to participate in a U-23 national team training camp in 2017 in Orlando, Florida. She then attended another training camp in May 2018.
Both players will be available for selection as Houston hosts Carli Lloyd and Sky Blue FC this weekend at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 24 at BBVA Stadium. Tickets for the match start at $15 and are available at HoustonDashSoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from August 21, 2019
- Spirit Split Points with Royals After Weather Delay - Washington Spirit
- Chicago's Last-Minute Goal by Davidson Not Enough to Propel Red Stars Victory - Chicago Red Stars
- Hill, Ubogagu Score as Pride Take Down Second-Seeded Chicago - Orlando Pride
- Storylines | Pride vs. Chicago Red Stars - Orlando Pride
- Haley Hanson and Cece Kizer Named to the U-23 U.S. Women's National Team for Nordic Cup - Houston Dash
- URFC DF Gaby Vincent Named to U-23 USWNT for 2019 Nordic Tournament - Utah Royals FC
- Three Reign FC Players Called-Up to U.S. U-23 Women's National Team - OL Reign
- Dorsey, Doyle, and Monaghan Named to the U.S. U-23 WNT Roster for the 2019 Nordic Tournament - Sky Blue FC
- Clare Polkinghorne to Leave Houston Dash Due to Family Reasons - Houston Dash
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dash Stories
- Dash FW Rachel Daly Called up by England for October Friendly vs. Germany
- Dash close NWSL Fall Series with 2-1 win over Orlando Pride
- Three Points: Dash Visit Orlando Pride for Final Match of 2020 Verizon Community Shield on Friday
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo and Dash Welcome Perennial Title Contenders to BBVA Stadium
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo and Dash Prepare for Doubleheader on Saturday