Clare Polkinghorne to Leave Houston Dash Due to Family Reasons
HOUSTON - The Houston Dash and Clare Polkinghorne announced today that the defender will leave the club effective immediately in order to return to her native Australia due to personal family reasons.
Polkinghorne came to Houston in June of 2018 and has been a key player for the Dash back line ever since. The defender made 18 appearances for Houston, starting in all 18 games and totaling 1,592 minutes.
A Brisbane native, Polkinghorne has been a crucial piece for the Australian Women's National Team, tallying 118 appearances and nine goals. She first represented The Matildas in 2006 and has made four FIFA Women's World Cup appearances. In 2017, the center back became the first player to earn 100 caps in the W-League with her hometown club, Brisbane Roar FC.
The Dash host Sky Blue FC at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 24 at BBVA Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from August 21, 2019
- Spirit Split Points with Royals After Weather Delay - Washington Spirit
- Chicago's Last-Minute Goal by Davidson Not Enough to Propel Red Stars Victory - Chicago Red Stars
- Hill, Ubogagu Score as Pride Take Down Second-Seeded Chicago - Orlando Pride
- Storylines | Pride vs. Chicago Red Stars - Orlando Pride
- Haley Hanson and Cece Kizer Named to the U-23 U.S. Women's National Team for Nordic Cup - Houston Dash
- URFC DF Gaby Vincent Named to U-23 USWNT for 2019 Nordic Tournament - Utah Royals FC
- Three Reign FC Players Called-Up to U.S. U-23 Women's National Team - OL Reign
- Dorsey, Doyle, and Monaghan Named to the U.S. U-23 WNT Roster for the 2019 Nordic Tournament - Sky Blue FC
- Clare Polkinghorne to Leave Houston Dash Due to Family Reasons - Houston Dash
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dash Stories
- Dash FW Rachel Daly Called up by England for October Friendly vs. Germany
- Dash close NWSL Fall Series with 2-1 win over Orlando Pride
- Three Points: Dash Visit Orlando Pride for Final Match of 2020 Verizon Community Shield on Friday
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo and Dash Welcome Perennial Title Contenders to BBVA Stadium
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo and Dash Prepare for Doubleheader on Saturday