Greyhounds Enter Broadcast Partnership with Network West Virginia
Wheeling, WV - The Ohio Valley Greyhounds of United Indoor Football (UIF) have recently entered into a partnership with Network West Virginia (NWV) of Parkersburg, WV.
NWV will produce and air three selected Greyhounds games this summer. This past weekend, NVW produced the Greyhounds' game against Evansville and will air the game Saturday. Other games planned by NVW are the June 2 contest against Rock River and the June 30 game against Evansville. NWV will also televise a 30-minute in-studio show that will introduce Lou Stein, team owner; Ervin Bryson, head coach, and the Greyhounds players.
West Virginia broadcasting veterans Steve Daugherty and John Chalfant have signed on as the voices of the Ohio Valley Greyhounds on NWV. Daugherty will handle the game play-by-play while Chalfant will add his take with the color commentary.
"We are very excited to be able to bring to our Network West Virginia Viewers this brand of exciting fast-paced football, said Clint Morris, NWV Manager. "This is just another example of NWV's commitment to our communities and our state by bringing great local programming to our viewers."
"I am really pleased that we have established a partnership with a broadcasting company of the caliber of Network West Virginia," Stein said. "Their cable system of nearly 200,000 homes reaching over a half million people from the New Martinsville area extending south throughout the southern part of West Virginia will introduce the excitement of the Ohio Valley Greyhounds and the United Indoor Football League to thousands of new fans for this great game. Not only will NWV cable subscribers be able to enjoy these games right in their homes, but once they see the excitement of this great sport, we know they will want to make the short trip to Wheeling to experience our games in person." continued Stein.
The Greyhounds will take on the Rock River Raptors Saturday with a 7 p.m. kick-off at the Rockford MetroCentre. The team's next home game will be May 12 against the RiverCity Rage. For ticket information, call (304) 233-4770 and for team information, call (304) 232-1918 or visit www.ovhounds.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Indoor Football Association message board...
United Indoor Football Association Stories from May 2, 2007
- Raptors Add Three to Roster - Rock River Raptors
- Glenn Johnson, Pitts receive honorable mention - Bloomington Extreme
- BlueCats Trio Receive UIF Honors for Week Six - Evansville BlueCats
- Greyhounds Enter Broadcast Partnership with Network West Virginia - Ohio Valley Greyhounds
- Week 7 Edition of "The Kurtiss Riggs Show" Packed with Guests - Sioux Falls Storm
- Outlaws Add New Account Executive - Billings Outlaws
- UIF names players of the week - UIF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ohio Valley Greyhounds Stories
- Two Greyhounds Players Achieve "UIF Player of the Week" Honors
- Greyhounds Sign Five New Players
- Greyhounds Enter Broadcast Partnership with Network West Virginia
- Head Coach Bryson Signs Four New Players Prior to BlueCats Game
- Greyhounds and Network West Virginia Announce Broadcast Partnership