Greensboro Grasshoppers Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
(Greensboro, NC) - Dec. 4, 2019 - The Greensboro Grasshoppers today praised the newly created Save Minor League Baseball Task Force that has been organized by members of Congress to prevent Major League Baseball (MLB) from eliminating 42 minor league franchises, nearly one quarter of all minor league teams around the country.
"We appreciate the support of Rep. Lori Trahan (D.-Massachusetts), David McKinley (R-W.Va.) and the members of the task force in standing up for Minor League Baseball and speaking out against MLB's effort cast off thousands of jobs, reduce affordable, family-friendly entertainment and undermine grassroots support for our great game," said Donald Moore.
While the Greensboro Grasshoppers were not on the list of teams facing the possibility of elimination under the MLB proposal, the Grasshoppers will remain vigilant and united with all Minor League Baseball teams in opposition to the MLB plan.
Minor league teams are vital to the social and economic lives of millions of Americans; they support scores of local businesses and jobs, provide accessible entertainment, help promote tourism spending and donate tens of millions of dollars in charitable contributions.
"With this proposal, MLB is willing to break the hearts of dozens of communities across the country," said Moore. "We are going to resist this plan and are gratified that so many in Congress are willing to join with us."
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from December 4, 2019
- Delmarva Shorebirds Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Columbia Fireflies Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Columbia Fireflies
- Augusta GreenJackets Praise Congressional Effort - Augusta GreenJackets
- Greenville Drive Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Greenville Drive
- Lexington Legends Praise Congressional Effort - Lexington Legends
- Greensboro Grasshoppers Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Power Praises Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Grasshoppers Stories
- End of An Era: Miss Lou Lou Gehrig Dies at Age 9
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- MiLB Coronavirus and Postponement of the 2020 Season
- Grasshoppers Announce 2020 Coaching Staff
- Greensboro Grasshoppers Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball