Golian Signs with Tri-City
KENNEWICK, WA - Tri-City Americans General Manager Bob Tory announced today that the Americans have signed Slovakian defenseman Andrej Golian to a WHL Standard Player Agreement. Tri-City selected the 19-year-old at 69th overall in the 2020 CHL Import Draft.
Americans Select Goaltender, Defenseman in 2020 CHL Import Draft [READ]
Golian is a native of Banska Bystrica, Slovakia and played last season with HC Devta of Tipsport Liga, the top Slovak professional league. The six-foot-three, 180-pound defenseman played 51 games last season totaling one goal, five assists, and 24 penalty minutes.
During the 2018-19 season, Golian played for Team Slovakia at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup and IIHF World Junior Championship.
"Andrej is a skilled and experienced defenseman who will provide stability and depth to our blue line," said Tory. "We are excited to have him join our team for the 2020-21 season."
The WHL has announced a Return to Play Protocol for the 2020-21 season with an anticipated start date of Friday, October 2.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from July 13, 2020
- Former Wheat Kings Goaltender Logan Thompson Signs Two-Year Entry-Level Contract with Vegas Golden Knights - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Eight Hurricanes Alumni on NHL Training Camp Rosters - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Golian Signs with Tri-City - Tri-City Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Americans Stories
- Western Hockey League Announces U.S. Division Schedule for 2020-21 Regular Season
- Barnes Signs with Tri-City
- Americans Hire WHL Veteran Don Nachbaur as Associate Coach
- Americans Trade Stevenson to Saskatoon
- Americans Hire Madelyne Peterson as Athletic Therapist