Former Wheat Kings Goaltender Logan Thompson Signs Two-Year Entry-Level Contract with Vegas Golden Knights
Las Vegas - Former Brandon Wheat Kings goaltender, Logan Thompson, has signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the National Hockey League's Vegas Golden Knights.
Thompson played 32 games for the East Coast Hockey League's South Carolina Stingrays last season posting a 2.25 Goals Against average and a .929 Save Percentage.
Before Thompson made the jump to professional hockey last season, he spent the 2018-19 season playing university hockey for the Brock Badgers where he was named the Ontario University Athletics Rookie of the Year, Goaltender of the Year and was named to the league's First All-Star Team.
The Calgary, Alberta native will now join an NHL organization with a familiar face as Thompson played for Brandon when Kelly McCrimmon was the head coach and general manager of the Wheat Kings before his current role as general manager of the Golden Knights. Thompson spent parts of four seasons playing with the Wheat Kings including the campaign that won the 2015-16 WHL Championship.
Drafted by the Wheat Kings in 2012, Thompson was taken in the 6th round, #122 overall, in the WHL Bantam Draft. In his final season with the Wheat Kings in 2017-18, Thompson was named a WHL Eastern Conference Second Team All-Star after posting a 3.41 Goals Against Average and a .908 Save Percentage in 55 regular season games.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from July 13, 2020
- Former Wheat Kings Goaltender Logan Thompson Signs Two-Year Entry-Level Contract with Vegas Golden Knights - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Eight Hurricanes Alumni on NHL Training Camp Rosters - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Golian Signs with Tri-City - Tri-City Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Brandon Wheat Kings Stories
- Wheat Kings Lead WHL with 4 Players Selected in 2020 NHL Draft
- Braden Schneider Selected 19th Overall by New York Rangers, Ridly Greig 28th by Ottawa Senators
- Schneider, Greig Hope to Join Franchise Greats
- WJHC to be Played Without Fans this Year
- Former Wheat King Captain Thrives with Isles