Goldeyes Add Double-A Arm Drummond
WINNIPEG, MB - The Winnipeg Goldeyes signed right-handed pitcher Calvin Drummond on Thursday.
Drummond was a combined 7-4 with a 4.63 ERA in 20 starts last season for the Kansas City T-Bones and Texas AirHogs. The Huntington Beach, California native worked 112.2 innings, allowed just eight home runs, and finished tied for 17th in the American Association with 90 strikeouts. Drummond allowed three or fewer earned runs in 14 of his 20 starts. The 28-year-old right-hander also threw at least six innings in 14 of his 20 outings. Drummond was traded along with a player to be named later from Kansas City to Texas on August 26th in exchange for right-handed pitcher Jared Mortensen and a player to be named later.
Drummond made eight relief appearances for the AirHogs earlier this season, striking out 12 batters and walking only three in 10.1 innings pitched.
Drummond is in his sixth season of professional baseball, and joins the Goldeyes with a lifetime 20-14 record, four saves, and a 3.61 ERA in 145 appearances, 117 of them in relief. The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Drummond has averaged 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings as a professional, and has yielded just 17 home runs in 332.0 career innings. Drummond was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the sixth round in 2013 out of the University of San Diego (San Diego, California), and reached the Double-A level with Detroit in both 2015 and 2016.
Additionally, the Goldeyes have placed left-handed pitcher Josh Blanco on the Disabled List. Shane Dawson has been moved from the Disabled List to the Inactive List, retroactive to June 2nd. With the additions of Drummond and Josh Romanski, the Goldeyes' active roster currently stands at 23 players, which is the American Association maximum during the regular season.
The Goldeyes open a four-game series at St. Paul tonight. First pitch from CHS Field is at 7:05 p.m. All the action can be heard locally on 93.7 FM CJNU and worldwide at www.cjnu.ca
The Goldeyes return home Monday when they host the Wichita Wingnuts. Tickets for all Goldeyes' home games are on sale now by visiting www.ticketmaster.ca/Goldeyes, or visiting any Ticketmaster location, including the box office at Shaw Park.
For information regarding Winnipeg Goldeyes' season tickets, 10-game mini packs, and group outings, call the Goldeyes' office at (204) 982-BASE, or visit the Goldeyes' official website at www.goldeyes.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 21, 2018
- A Night to Forget, Saints Give up Season Tying High in Runs, Lose 16-5 to Goldeyes - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Survive in Ninth for Sixth Straight Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- Goldeyes Add Double-A Arm Drummond - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- M-V-Three - Clutch Romanski Returns to Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs, Dogs Series Finale Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Texas AirHogs
- RailCats and Railroaders Postponed - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Dogs and AirHogs Washed out in Series Finale - Chicago Dogs
- Best Defensive Shortstop in Franchise History Returns, Saints Sign Anthony Phillips - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Sweep Goldeyes - Kansas City T-Bones
- T-Bones Sweep Goldeyes at Home - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Big Fifth Inning the Difference in Canaries Loss to Wingnuts - Sioux Falls Canaries
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.