Glockner Blanks Mudbugs as Bulls Complete Weekend Sweep
Amarillo, TX - A night of big hits, fights, and a pair of goals for the hosts saw the Amarillo Bulls complete the weekend sweep of the Shreveport Mudbugs with a 2-0 victory on Saturday night.
After the Bulls jumped out to the early shot lead, they took the lead, late in the third, when Brett Postula sliced the puck into the back of the net while falling to collect a rebound.
After tempers continued to flair into the second period, Amarillo extended its lead when Matt Allen, fresh out of the penalty box after serving time for a first period fight, capitalized on a rebound that he rifled into the back of the net for his 24th of the season.
Throughout the game, the Bulls faced six shorthanded situations, killing off all six in the victory. Amarillo's penalty was a combined 11 of 11 during the weekend sweep of the Mudbugs.
Charlie Glockner would stop all 22 shots against the Amarillo net and earned his 18th victory and his ninth shutout of the season.
With the Win, the Bulls are now 38-8-1-3 with 80 points and hold sole possession of the South Division lead.
The Bulls remain at home on Friday, February 28, to take on the Topeka Pilots. Mark Shelley will broadcast the game from the Spicy Mike's Bar-B-Q Broadcast Booth, and the action will begin at 7:05PM CST on Mixlr.com and Hockey TV.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2020
- Ice Wolves Lose to the Pilots, 5-1 - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Rebels Complete Weekend Sweep with 5-3 Victory over Titans - Jamestown Rebels
- Bruins Offense Opens Up, Ground Wings 5-2 - Austin Bruins
- Glockner Blanks Mudbugs as Bulls Complete Weekend Sweep - Amarillo Bulls
- Black Bears Fall Short to Knights - Maryland Black Bears
- Langford Earns Shutout, Pilots Take Care of Ice Wolves 3-0 - Topeka Pilots
- Wings Win Friday Night Shootout - Aberdeen Wings
- Rebels Down Titans 5-2 - New Jersey Titans
- Late Goal Dooms Brown Bears - Kenai River Brown Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Bulls Announce New Office Location
- Carlin Finds Fit with Commitment to Division I Niagara University
- Amarillo Bulls Announce Cancellation of Season and Robertson Cup Playoffs
- Career Night from Shittu Not Enough, Bulls Lose 105-101
- Murtazin Commits to Call Union Future Home