Late Goal Dooms Brown Bears
Devlin McCabe scored with just 1:02 remaining in regulation to give the Minnesota Magicians a thrilling 6-5 win over the Kenai River Brown Bears. The Magicians had an early 2-0 lead thanks to goals from Cole Oravitz and Lucas Kanta but the Brown Bears responded with three straight goals from Logan RItchie, Ryan Green and Connor Scahill. Kanta's second goal of the game tied it at three but Max Helgeson's late tally gave Kenai River a 4-3 lead heading into the third. T.J. Sagissor and Chris Konin scored back to back goals to give Minnesota the lead again but Helgeson struck again to tie the game again before McCabe's heroics. Dysen Skinner earned the win in the blue paint by making 37 stops while Danny Fraga was stuck with the loss as he made 18 saves.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2020
- Ice Wolves Lose to the Pilots, 5-1 - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Rebels Complete Weekend Sweep with 5-3 Victory over Titans - Jamestown Rebels
- Bruins Offense Opens Up, Ground Wings 5-2 - Austin Bruins
- Glockner Blanks Mudbugs as Bulls Complete Weekend Sweep - Amarillo Bulls
- Black Bears Fall Short to Knights - Maryland Black Bears
- Langford Earns Shutout, Pilots Take Care of Ice Wolves 3-0 - Topeka Pilots
- Wings Win Friday Night Shootout - Aberdeen Wings
- Rebels Down Titans 5-2 - New Jersey Titans
- Late Goal Dooms Brown Bears - Kenai River Brown Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.