Brown Bears Announce Leadership
The Kenai River Brown Bears are proud to announce their core leadership group for the 2020-2021 season.
Leading the pack is La Crescent, MN native, Laudon Poellinger.Â Joining him are his assistant captains, Adam Szubert (Tinley Park, IL), Ryan Reid (Anchorage, AK), and Max Helgeson (Anchorage, AK).
Laudon, who played the last three seasons with the Brown Bears, is in his third and final year of junior hockey.Â Currently, with 104 NAHL games under his belt, the 6'3" forward is poised to lead the Brown Bears this season.
"It's an honor to represent this team, organization, and community. Go Bears!" Poellinger said about his leadership role.
Szubert and Reid are both strong blueliners whose leadership is apparent both on and off the ice.Â With Helgeson on the wing, this leadership crew is one of the strongest in Brown Bear history with not just their on-ice talent, but also their command in the locker room.
"We are fortunate to have a great group of veteran leaders, these are the 4 players our veteran players as a whole have chosen to represent our team both on and off the ice" stated Head Coach Kevin Murdock.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2021
- Game Preview: Chippewa Steel vs Janesville Jets - Chippewa Steel
- Four First Period Goals Propel Titans to 6-2 Win over Jr. Hat Tricks - New Jersey Titans
- Werner Named Honorable Mention for NAHL's Forward of the Month for January - New Jersey Titans
- Sibell Repeats as NAHL Goaltender of the Month - Aberdeen Wings
- NAHL Announces Monthly Player Awards for January - NAHL
- Johnson to Play for Lake Superior State University - Lone Star Brahmas
- Brown Bears Announce Leadership - Kenai River Brown Bears
- Game Preview: Jr. Hat Tricks Play Titans in Matinee - New Jersey Titans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.